After jumpstart, F150 won't shift + ABS light on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumped my truck this morning and although it cranked right up after charging a few minutes, the shifter on the column will not move out of the park position. Additionally, the ABS light is also blinking. I was able to get the shifter to move when I turned if off, but only twice. Now it will not move at all, engine on or off.

1995 F-150 5.8L 160k

Look at fuses for tail/running lights..i had something like that on an older ford just like that i used to have....the fuses are connected in with the shifter/brake interlock selonoid release thing/mechanism....its stupid i know
frown.gif

I think it's probably a bad brake light switch under the dash against the brake pedal rod

In the past 3 days I have replaced the battery, key lock cylinder, and brake light switch on the brake pedal neck but with no change in status. I am still stuck in park, ABS light blinking, and no brake lights. All applicable fuses are in good shape.

Manual briefly mentions the BOO (brake on off) switch, but does not give location or any helpful information. Googling the BOO switch does not yield location information for this particular Ford.

Any ideas....

Might have to bite the bullet and get it towed to a mechanic or dealer. That really sucks. Is there some kind of shifting solenoid on the transmission you can check?

Isn't there a brake switch hydraulically activated off the master cylinder? This was part of the infamous "cruise control fire starter".

If you have a bad cab-to-chassis ground, maybe the current chose brake lines over ??? and did something in.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Isn't there a brake switch hydraulically activated off the master cylinder? This was part of the infamous "cruise control fire starter".

There should be, but that would not have an effect on starting. All that does is deactivate the cruise control. The brake lamp, or BOO, switch is on the pedal and would have a 13480 base number while the speed control deactivation switch on the master is a 9F924.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back