Afe pro guard d2 oil filters

I bought an afe cold air intake on amazon warehouse and noticed they also had a compatible afe oil filter. May as well match up the engine bay for an extra $6. Then I noticed these oil filters usually cost $28. There is not any real information about these on the box or website and their contact form is a real chore. The cold air intake did not fit. Any idea if this thing is worth using? For $28 it better do something special. It has a wrench off end like k&n filters that sacrifice filtration for flow, much like both brands do with air filters.

With any specific media type, single/multi pass micron rating, gram holding capacity... its all hype marketing until proven otherwise.

Waste of money. Could probably cut one open and someone here with a good eye might figure out the manufacturer.

I like their air filter kits and air filters. But, I would never even consider an unknown oil filter.

There are ISO efficiency test standards for both air and oil filters. Without them, you have nothing at all to compare filter performance, so IMO they are decent standards to compare products and have been around in industry for decades. If they were "junk science" they wouldn't be around.

Last edited:
No this is an oil filter I am asking about. Sorry for mentioning the air filter, it was just in the same order. This is the product I got and am wondering about.

Attachments

• 51D7MzibRbL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
    51D7MzibRbL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 58
Looks an awful lot like a black painted K&N oil filter? Unless something drastic has changed, there's not much special about them (synthetic blend media of unknown efficiency, leak prone welded nut on top). Champ has been building K&N lately.

I used a royal purple filter last oil change and the afe d2 this one.

The royal purple leaked from the gasket even with retightening. I left it on because they are expensive and the oil was as black as usual at change.

The afe d2 doesn't leak.

-my review

Back