AFE Pro Dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: harry j
I have been using the AFE PRO DRY S for some time now and can report that it filters well and is oh so easy to clean. I usually just tap it on the counter a couple of time and I'm good to go.

I concur that, AFE DRY PRO S is a very good aftermarket drop in filter. Easy to clean and washable. I used warm water with dish washing liquid and left on pile of newspapers to absorb water and it dried faster this way.

I'm thinking about buying one of them for my Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart. Unfortunately, it seems that only the EVO X is the only car that is covered.

my afe pro dry s did not fit my focus AT ALL. and when i emailed customer service about it they just kind of shrugged me off. i won't be buying from them again! needless to say i have a $30 paperweight now
mad.gif

One of the many reasons that I like to buy from amazon.com is their liberal return policy. They even pay for return shipping. If you bought this AFE Pro-Dry S from Amazon and it didn't fit the Focus correctly, it would cost you nothing.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Amsoil is essentially a paper filter with added synthetic media over top. It has high filtration capability with high capacity at the expense of air flow. It won't flow as well as a paper filter. You cannot clean it like the AFE Pro Dry. The Amsoil is for those who only want the best filtration and long life application.

I'm not saying you're wrong as I really just don't know for sure, but supposedly the EaA flows somethink like 30% better than paper filters. I'm not sure if this would be possible if it was just a nanofiber media laid over run-of-the-mill cellulose media, unless the air flow claims revolve around dirty filters?

http://www.c66racing-synthetics.com/Product Bulletins/EAPB.htm

nanofiber_200px.jpg
cellulose_200px.jpg

synthetic_200px.jpg
cellulose2_200px.jpg

21.gif

wanted to bump a long term thread for feedback, how are your filters holding up?

some other brand filters, sometimes the rubber seals/molding start rotting or deteriorating after several years.
Just looking for input.

I am still very impressed by the fit and quality finish of this filter. Before I had some valve work done and the mechanic used globs of silicone sealer on the valve cover, I posted a 3PPM silicon reading.

Last edited:
My wife had bought me one for Valentines day a couple years ago to replace the factory filter and it did not fit good. It appeared to upon initial installation, but after a few thousand miles, I checked it out and dust was getting past the outer seal. It wasnt thick enough to create a good seal. I've been using factory filters since

I have been happy with my filter. it fits well and does it job. it paid for itself rather quickly. I check it once a year as I usually drive 10,000 miles a year in that suv. have taken it off and the backside of the tubing behind the filter has always been clean with no signs of any dirt.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
One of the many reasons that I like to buy from amazon.com is their liberal return policy. They even pay for return shipping. If you bought this AFE Pro-Dry S from Amazon and it didn't fit the Focus correctly, it would cost you nothing.

X2

^Just make sure it's from Amazon and not marketplace; sometimes there are catches with marketplace sales vs. fulfilled by Amazon.

BTW, I haven't checked since installing the Pro Dry S over a year ago in the Civic but this area isn't very dusty. Besides, the quality is obvious and I don't want to ruin the seal until I just want to. Makes me want to take Jim Allen up on his restriction gauge threads.
33.gif

PS: Yay, first post in 5 months.
laugh.gif

I had to mess around with the AFE Pro Dry S to get it to fit my airbox correctly, but it isn't AFE's fault. Mitsubishi put a dumb design of an airbox on this car. It seems like the moment the top of the filter lines up, suddenly the bottom doesn't.

I realized this after I heard the turbo whistle louder than usual. I sure hope I didn't let too much dust in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back