Advice on buying 69 C10 Pickup

nothing wrong with the 292, it’ll get moving just fine and requires no maintenance. a 350/350 combo is as boring as it gets.

cut the price at least in half though

If you like it and you think it's a good deal.... buy it. But I dont like anything about it. It's just not my style.
This is more my style and cheaper >>>>>

If you like it and you think it's a good deal.... buy it. But I dont like anything about it. It's just not my style.
This is more my style and cheaper >>>>>

That is a pretty nice ride. That is also more my style (rims are okay), but sounds good, looks good. I think unless I can get a good deal on it I'll let it pass. Don't really need it and I'm sure another truck will come along as many were made. Plenty of those trucks in the state, just have to be fast to buy the good deals.

The Rockers under the doors & the bottoms of the doors themselves had issues with rust, Though I've had 2 of these.....A '69 CST/10 & a '70 C/10 & never had rust issues with either one as I kept the drain holes clear in the doors & didn't let mud collect on the Rockers.

They didn't have many issues as they were so simple.....But.......
*4 wheel drums really suck when trying to drive with todays traffic.
*Externally Regulated Alternator if still equipped needs upgrading.
*Base truck generally didn't have Power Steering & that gets old real fast!

My '69 was a fully loaded truck with a 350/TH400, PS, PB, & A/C. I still own it actually.
My '70 was well optioned & had a 307/3 on the tree, PS, PB, & A/C. I installed a pretty hot 350....Forged crank & pistons, LT4 HOT cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & Intake, Holley 750 VS carb & a built 700R4. Sold it to fund a '50 Studebaker Pick-up build.

I can't fathom a base model '69 being worth that.....25 years ago, Nobody really gave a crap about them.

I didn’t see a clear picture of the interior but it looks like this truck didn’t even have A/C.
The chances of a work truck from the 60's coming with A/C is pretty slim. I think the take rate for cars was only 40-50% back then. Would imagine 5-10% on trucks although that's also a regional thing too.

This is what happens when you randomly look at Craigslist for vehicles older than 1980 :)

Doing just so, I found a 1969 Chevrolet C10 pickup. Looks very clean and original in the pictures, although I wish he/she had more pictures of the engine bay and interior. Has the 292 cu in inline 6, 4 speed manual transmission, 2 wheel drive, long bed. Compared to other trucks that are in the same price range, seems like a lot of them have parts installed from later year model trucks, such as steering columns, steering wheels, radios, seats, instrument clusters, etc. all of which in my eye de-value the truck.

Looking to only drive it in nice weather when no salt are on the roads.

Any tips I should know about these trucks before I go look? I know (I think anyway) the basics to look at any truck, but any particular problems with these trucks? Seems pretty simple.

Although no longer listed on Craigslist, he had it for sale on there for $18,500 so I wouldn't offer any more than that. Seems to be a reasonable price based on what KBB, sold for prices on Ebay, etc. What are your thoughts?

Is the price now 22500? He's probably testing the waters since the market is hot right now.

The Rockers under the doors & the bottoms of the doors themselves had issues with rust, Though I've had 2 of these.....A '69 CST/10 & a '70 C/10 & never had rust issues with either one as I kept the drain holes clear in the doors & didn't let mud collect on the Rockers.

They didn't have many issues as they were so simple.....But.......
*4 wheel drums really suck when trying to drive with todays traffic.
*Externally Regulated Alternator if still equipped needs upgrading.
*Base truck generally didn't have Power Steering & that gets old real fast!

My '69 was a fully loaded truck with a 350/TH400, PS, PB, & A/C. I still own it actually.
My '70 was well optioned & had a 307/3 on the tree, PS, PB, & A/C. I installed a pretty hot 350....Forged crank & pistons, LT4 HOT cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & Intake, Holley 750 VS carb & a built 700R4. Sold it to fund a '50 Studebaker Pick-up build.

I can't fathom a base model '69 being worth that.....25 years ago, Nobody really gave a crap about them.
Don't forget the cab corners! Look carefully for previous body work, being a "rust free" truck chances are there is a multitude of reasons why it's"rust free" now. Smell gas in the cab, pinholed tank. Look for water intrusion around the windshield. How's that seam sealer in the cab gutter? The clock is ticking as the truck is oxidizing before your very eyes.

The chances of a work truck from the 60's coming with A/C is pretty slim. I think the take rate for cars was only 40-50% back then. Would imagine 5-10% on trucks although that's also a regional thing too.
A/C was regional department for every car back then. A/C was not a rare option for these trucks. In fact I see more of these trucks with A/C than I do the Corvette, Camaro, mid sized, and full sized bodies of this era. Reason is because truck vs car sales were very different back then. The overwhelmingly majority of personal use pickup trucks sold back then were sold in the southern states, where people opted for A/C. A good chunk of these personal use pickups (which is what most of the survivors are) were equipped with A/C. Work trucks are much less likely to have A/C. It’s so common to see these today with factory A/C because the majority of these were sold new in the southern states.

Contacted the seller through the website and 4-5 days later they replied and said it was sold, took another 3-4 days to update the website. Thanks everyone for your advice.

Those trucks are famous for the rocker panels rusting out my neighbor has a 1972 C10 and that’s the spot where it rusts at all the time he has had 4 sets put in so far and we are in the south so I would definitely check that. The C10 is one of my favorite trucks. I’ve never found the difference between the Cheyenne 10 and the Custom 10 though. His is a Custom 10.

Those trucks are famous for the rocker panels rusting out my neighbor has a 1972 C10 and that’s the spot where it rusts at all the time he has had 4 sets put in so far and we are in the south so I would definitely check that. The C10 is one of my favorite trucks. I’ve never found the difference between the Cheyenne 10 and the Custom 10 though. His is a Custom 10.
Cheyenne is a higher trim level for the Chevy. The Super Cheyenne is the top trim. Just like GMC had Sierra and Sierra Grande in the last few years.
These trucks had rust issues all over the cab unfortunately. Rockers, cab corners, cab supports, cowel, kick panel vent openings, firewall, roof drip rails, were all very common rust area. Along with lower fender and lower door rust. Great looking trucks though. Even today the design of those trucks still look great.

Cheyenne is a higher trim level for the Chevy. The Super Cheyenne is the top trim. Just like GMC had Sierra and Sierra Grande in the last few years.
These trucks had rust issues all over the cab unfortunately. Rockers, cab corners, cab supports, cowel, kick panel vent openings, firewall, roof drip rails, were all very common rust area. Along with lower fender and lower door rust. Great looking trucks though. Even today the design of those trucks still look great.
I agree definitely nice trucks. Thanks for telling me the differences.

Back