Advanced auto takes used coolant

None of my auto parts places take it. Tried AZ, Advanced, O-O-O-O'Reilly's, Napa, blah blah.

Also, not clear if city allows me to drain in toilet. Can't get a straight answer. Makes it really really difficult to do the right thing. Last time I did a drain and fill, neighbor took it to dump with him as he was bringing some old junk. I guess they took it...I didn't ask....

None of my auto parts places take it. Tried AZ, Advanced, O-O-O-O'Reilly's, Napa, blah blah.

Also, not clear if city allows me to drain in toilet. Can't get a straight answer. Makes it really really difficult to do the right thing. Last time I did a drain and fill, neighbor took it to dump with him as he was bringing some old junk. I guess they took it...I didn't ask....
I've always thought it's funny how the garbage man complains about everything you put out to the curb, but you never hear a peep from the wastewater treatment plant.

This is true assuming your city's particular plant can handle it and whether or not you can find someone that actually knows the answer.
This. I went down that rabbit hole a couple of years ago...read some things that made it sound like it can be dumped into the system and called someone at the city who had no idea. No hazmat dump near me and all the auto stores only take oil so not particularly helpful when I need to ditch it.

This. I went down that rabbit hole a couple of years ago...read some things that made it sound like it can be dumped into the system and called someone at the city who had no idea. No hazmat dump near me and all the auto stores only take oil so not particularly helpful when I need to ditch it.
The one time I called the lady said no no no don't dump it down the drain. Keep in mind this was just the front desk clerk probably at city hall trying to play engineer. Didn't bother to find someone who did know.

Why would one water treatment plant be able to handle antifreeze and not the other? Are you people in different states have different body plumbing or something?
Different types of systems? I don't know anything about water treatment so I couldn't answer. One thing I've never heard of any complaints that someone poured something they weren't supposed down the drain and I'm sure people put way worse stuff than antifreeze down the drain.

Back