Additive Component Chemistry V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molakule, please, for your and everyone’sake, loosen up and don’t lash out at people so easily. Your contributions of knowledge to this site are enormous. Don’t tarnish the pleasure and usefulness of this site with such anger.

Originally Posted By: Mainia
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:
This also sounds close to my rotary screw compressor oil that I use on our problematic Atlas Copco compressors that are inherently designed to KILL ANY PAO (even with some ester) oil and change that machine (even new) into a varnish making machine.

The lubricant discussed in this thread topic bears no resemblance to compressor lubricants.

Nainia, you may be new here, but this website does not exist for pushing Summit Racing products.

First off I am not pushing an oil other then it is what I use at work that has saved my compressors and made my life easier because of it. Also it is not Summit Racing product for cars. It is Summit Industrial Products, a Kluber Company. I was told it was turbine when they first had Mobil/Exxon work with them to find a oil that would not degrade with high heat or problematic designed rotary screws that have a hot spot that bakes PAO's. Sorry if my enthusiasm about an oil seems like "pushing" it. It was never meant it that way.

I am just enthusiastic about the fix and finding a good oil to run in my situation, since I battled Atlas and others thinking I was nuts for not excepting a full varnished out air compressor because PAO couldn't handle the heat. Everyone said run the [censored] out of it, I said NO. I was running 75,000+ ppm 4mu and 6um micron counts, now I am down to 1,800. You can pull my posts if it offends anyone.

WHO CARES. You are pushing a product PERIOD!!

Originally Posted By: JAG
Molakule, please, for your and everyone’sake, loosen up and don’t lash out at people so easily. Your contributions of knowledge to this site are enormous. Don’t tarnish the pleasure and usefulness of this site with such anger.

I appreciate your comments JAG, but I don't see how attempting to keep a topic on track can be viewed as being angry.

However, I will take my ChillPills forthright.
smile.gif

Haha, Molakule. I hope you know I said that from a respectful standpoint. I think you know that. But anyhow, I said that not just because of this thread but some other posts where I saw you lose your cool. Have fun and teach us! Was the Summit product off-topic? Somewhat but not completely. I don’t think he was pushing a product and I found it an interesting addition to this interesting thread.

I agree, nothing worse then a fascist site that mods and elder posters freak out over the littlest things. I will watch never to post on his threads again with that trigger finger of his.

I had a couple people look at those posts of mine, they all said while it would raise an eye and maybe to keep watching, they saw no massive intent as to over selling in what they saw. They did say the guy who said cease and desist was WAY out of line in assuming the very very worst. Let's keep any guns away from that guy.

Haha, Molakule. I hope you know I said that from a respectful standpoint. I think you know that. But anyhow, I said that not just because of this thread but some other posts where I saw you lose your cool. Have fun and teach us! Was the Summit product off-topic? Somewhat but not completely. I don’t think he was pushing a product and I found it an interesting addition to this interesting thread.

Everywhere I post I always like to add a story so to speak, just reading one sentence and a very narrow topic can be boring. Like you said, some additions are relevant even if they go slightly off another path, people here are very smart and can handle a multifaceted post, so I thought.

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
The first ester based jet engine oils date back to 1953 and were based on a diester (Dioctyl Sebacate). POE based oils were introduced in 1963 (Mobil Jet ll) as a 2nd generation oil. We are now up to 4th generation oils.

Mola needs a new rule, that no one can PM you for cheat notes on these topics.
wink.gif

Well, you try and present questions that are educational and try to have fun, but you have to have rules and conditions. And when people are reminded of those rules, conditions, or boundaries, they get PO'ed.

JAG and one other person is torqued because they answered a question in QOTD when I clearly stated the question is not open to Engineers, Chemists, Tribologists, and Formulators.

The reason for those conditions? I wanted other BITOGERs to engage in answering without the four above categories of people always slamming an answers before others did their research and had time to respond.

And then there are people who don't fully read the questions and throw in a one word response when the request was to answer, in your own words (which means answer with a complete sentence), with a complete, full sentence. The rule of no swipes or Utube dumps was for the same reason.

And, when reminded of those conditions, they too, get POed and raise the unwarranted criticism that the OP has lost his cool.

I do want to thank those of you who responded and attempted to answer the questions under the stated rules.

So this will be my last and final post.

Well, you try and present questions that are educational and try to have fun, but you have to have rules and conditions. And when people are reminded of those rules, conditions, or boundaries, they get PO'ed.

JAG and one other person is torqued because they answered a question in QOTD when I clearly stated the question is not open to Engineers, Chemists, Tribologists, and Formulators.

The reason for those conditions? I wanted other BITOGERs to engage in answering without the four above categories of people always slamming an answers before others did their research and had time to respond.

And then there are people who don't fully read the questions and throw in a one word response when the request was to answer, in your own words (which means answer with a complete sentence), with a complete, full sentence. The rule of no swipes or Utube dumps was for the same reason.

And, when reminded of those conditions, they too, get POed and raise the unwarranted criticism that the OP has lost his cool.

I do want to thank those of you who responded and attempted to answer the questions under the stated rules.

Mola - no way. Don't let anyone get your goat. PLEASE STAY!

Originally Posted By: Pablo

I agree! You are a key strength for BITOG and so many of us benefit from you extensive knowledge in lubricants. The Internet is a tough place and requires a tough skin and a bit of a cynical attitude to survive, as I learned here some dozen years ago. Can't let strangers get under your skin. Just keep being you, and with pride!

Tom NJ/VA

I need to echo the above sentiment. Please keep posting theses questions. I often don't know the answers but I learn a lot by lurking. You probably help many more people like me and people like you are what makes this section, and this forum great.

You are one of 3 or 4 people on this forum who shares information that truly furthers education and understanding of the topics you discuss and it would be a shame if you stopped. Besides the posts you make in the humor section are some of the few that can make me smile
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
Originally Posted By: Pablo

I agree! You are a key strength for BITOG and so many of us benefit from you extensive knowledge in lubricants. The Internet is a tough place and requires a tough skin and a bit of a cynical attitude to survive, as I learned here some dozen years ago. Can't let strangers get under your skin. Just keep being you, and with pride!

Tom NJ/VA

I'm in agreement with Tom here, for the love of God, please don't leave based on this insignificant exchange.

I do hope MolaKule reconsiders for the sake of us posters that come here to be informed and educated. He is a valuable asset to BITOG.

Top respect for molecule. I sure hope he comes back. If he does not, ironically he is diminishing the site for those who like and value him. Like someone said, it takes a thick skin on the 'net.

DITTO-DITTO correct information from a the PRO'S here are the backbone of the forum. the rest of many are like axxholes we all have one but are not necessarily one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back