adding freon just for the season?

We do a lot of AC work and if I had to throw a guess out there it would be that more than half we see are leaking at the schrader valves (charging ports) and the rest are bad compressors. We have done 6 compressors just this week. Then there's always the fun temp actuators up in the dash lol.

I was referring to the actual schrader valve itself - the part that seals the line under the cap. They have small o-rings but most caps have seals as well as a small back up
I always replace Schraders. I like putting a bit of nylock on the rubber seal and the threads. There is actually a tool to torque them.

It’s violation of law to repeatedly refill leaking refrigerant systems without diagnosing and repairing the leak. It’s not supposed to be an endless band aid, though that’s how folks treated it for years. It can be hard and costly to find. In some cases a hydrocarbon refrigerant can be at least a good diagnosis aid, or a solution. But you need to understand the risks.

It’s violation of law to repeatedly refill leaking refrigerant systems without diagnosing and repairing the leak. It’s not supposed to be an endless band aid, though that’s how folks treated it for years. It can be hard and costly to find. In some cases a hydrocarbon refrigerant can be at least a good diagnosis aid, or a solution. But you need to understand the risks.

Lol. At least, this is how the US gov't thinks it works...

Presenting...the risks!!! 🤣

giphy.gif

Back