Accidentally biting inside inside of mouth - OUCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of us do this from time to time.
I know that I do.
Biting the inside of a cheek or my tongue is usually only briefly painful for me and I find that these mouth wounds heal pretty quickly.
I do have to be carful not to bite the then swollen spot a second time.

First bite I feel like I've been in some way careless about something, but can't work out how/what.

Then kick myself the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th....

Front? Side? Canine?
My side teeth gets really sharp due to erosion sometimes, I asked my dentist to polish them a little blunt to prevent the gouging of my chubby cheeks

Talk about overbite, I have been experimenting raising my bite with my dentist, it helped with my deep bite a bit.

Originally Posted By: Touring5
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
This happens to me.

In my case, it's not related to aging. With me, it's because there's just not room enough in my mouth for all my teeth (I still have all my wisdom teeth, and my jawline is relatively narrow).

I'm also afflicted with mouth ulcers. Seems that I get a crop of mouth ulcers a few times a year. They are extremely painful. Most times, it seems that I get a few (a crop) at a time. They make it very painful to eat.

Just something I've learned to deal with.

I sure would like to know what causes the ulcers.

I've heard it is caused by a virus that is in your system (a form of herpes, perhaps).

Well, I've never had a fever blister.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
This happens to me.

In my case, it's not related to aging. With me, it's because there's just not room enough in my mouth for all my teeth (I still have all my wisdom teeth, and my jawline is relatively narrow).

I'm also afflicted with mouth ulcers. Seems that I get a crop of mouth ulcers a few times a year. They are extremely painful. Most times, it seems that I get a few (a crop) at a time. They make it very painful to eat.

Just something I've learned to deal with.

I sure would like to know what causes the ulcers.

Used to get those and used a Potassium Permangenate mouthwash on them. Its an oxidising agent so I'd guess peroxide would probably also be effective.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
I hate to do that but it happens. My problem is the wound ALWAYS become a canker before it finally heals up. I have had cankers my entire life and there has never been a period when I didn't have at least one. I must have a high viral load as I often have cold sores and fever blisters. Doctors over the years have tried to help but there is always some viral something going on with me. A shingles attack about nineteen years ago left me with permanent nerve pain which can become incapacitating at times. For those who haven't got the shingles vaccination, DO SO now. You don't want permanent neuropathy which can go from nothing to the speed of light before you can find a place to sit down. If it ain't one thing, it's another. Wife says she will have "Now It's Nothing" inscribed on our headstone. Whatever.

I got the shingle vaccine two years ago. Saw how shingles made my mother suffer late in life, it was really bad. Probably need to get the pneumonia vaccine too, haven't yet. I'm 54.

Bite my cheek or tongue at least once every month. Munching on salty sunflower seeds speeds up healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back