AC DELCO PF 64 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off a friends 2018 Chevrolet Malibu with AC DELCO blend 0w20 for 5,994 miles. She supplied m1 0w20 AFE and a AC DELCO same as this one. Car has tad over 59,xxx miles on it also. 90% highway to city driving also.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looks good! I stocked up on the classic PF64s for my engine before GM discontinued them, as I didn't want the filters with the weak plastic e-core center tubes. My engine has the higher GM 22psi+ pressure specs, so I wanted to make sure the internal tube is steel, just to be on the safe side.

Originally Posted by GM4LIFE
Looks good! I stocked up on the classic PF64s for my engine before GM discontinued them, as I didn't want the filters with the weak plastic e-core center tubes. My engine has the higher GM 22psi+ pressure specs, so I wanted to make sure the internal tube is steel, just to be on the safe side.

Yeah, I didnt know these went to metal endcaps like ST filters did
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
If this is an ecore filter, shouldn't it be sold as a PF64e?

Darn good question. I'll ask her ifshe kept last receipt

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Looks good Adam.

You are very welcome Johnny
smile.gif

Just enjoying our low 70's weather and 0 humidity here
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Looks good Adam.

You are very welcome Johnny
smile.gif

Just enjoying our low 70's weather and 0 humidity here
smile.gif

Well I'm in Texas visiting my Grandkids and we had a cool 97 today and its humid. It'll be good to get back home to the high 60's

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
If this is an ecore filter, shouldn't it be sold as a PF64e?

It's a hybrid filter now. They don't brand them as the e-core filters as the end caps are metal instead of cardboard like the rest of the e-core line.

Kind of a scam. I found as many of the classic PF64 oil filters and got them all. I probably have like 30 of them.

I actually think this filter looks really well made. Pleats are straight and tight after the oci. The center tube looks just fine too.

Thanks Adam.

Originally Posted by wemay
I actually think this filter looks really well made. Pleats are straight and tight after the oci. The center tube looks just fine too.

Thanks Adam.

Yeah, I was surprised at the good build quality sir
smile.gif

You are welcome Wemay

The PF64 filters I have buying at Walmart this summer have all had a steel center tube and the relief valve is on the threaded end. It is curious the one pictured says ‘replace with PF64'

Originally Posted by Carbon12
The PF64 filters I have buying at Walmart this summer have all had a steel center tube and the relief valve is on the threaded end. It is curious the one pictured says ‘replace with PF64'

The filters with stickers on it that usually say replace with PF64 are usually factory filters, meaning they are the filters that ship with the engines from the engine plants on initial installation. I don't know where this filter was purchased. I have never seen any stores or dealer filters that have that sticker on them. It is odd.

Thanks Adam.

Yep …
have now cut a good number of PF63E's. … pleats are always like a row of soldiers … ADBV's are supple

Originally Posted by 4WD

Thanks Adam.

Yep …
have now cut a good number of PF63E's. … pleats are always like a row of soldiers … ADBV's are supple

You actually do some real work on occasion 4wd
lol.gif

I agree with the guys on here... This does look really good. Thanks for your work on here Adam. You have really added a lot of great photographic evidence on here.

The ADBValves included on ACDelco filters used on the family's cars always held the most oil back.

It was the only evidence of high quality I could ascertain without a postmortem.

Originally Posted by Kira
The ADBValves included on ACDelco filters used on the family's cars always held the most oil back.

It was the only evidence of high quality I could ascertain without a postmortem.

I'm not one to condemn nitrile is this use for 5k-7k runs … all of my AC Delco filters hold/hold back a quart of oil on the 5.3L V8's …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back