AC DELCO PF 64 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by GM4LIFE
Looks good! I stocked up on the classic PF64s for my engine before GM discontinued them, as I didn't want the filters with the weak plastic e-core center tubes. My engine has the higher GM 22psi+ pressure specs, so I wanted to make sure the internal tube is steel, just to be on the safe side.

Ironically the "weak plastic" ecore tube is substantially stronger than the beloved metal center tube. This is certainly one of those "different strokes for different folks" kind of things, but the molded plastic cores found in the ecore filters are anything but weak.

GM went to this style filter as well to satisfy the populace screaming for metal endcaps, but GM needs the plastic cores to meet their own cleanliness standards. Steel components, even when washed, tend to be dirty on all filters...

Yep, they are fine ... unlike plastics common to other parts ... these only have to last a short while

Just shot pics

E3E7950C-566B-4FD4-80AD-5C119DEB064D.jpeg

B0BAC84B-FB69-41C2-911A-80CBDD6BD832.jpeg

193E313E-A0C4-465D-A3FB-C52645F9BEC3.jpeg

57A752B4-D4DF-48D1-83B2-B769FBB40362.jpeg

What engine was on this Malibu? It can't be GTDI since the oil looks so clean... I think the 2015 Malibu w/ LTG uses PF64 and the engine oil is tar black within a few thousand miles (Amsoil SS 5W-30).

Originally Posted by metroplex
What engine was on this Malibu? It can't be GTDI since the oil looks so clean... I think the 2015 Malibu w/ LTG uses PF64 and the engine oil is tar black within a few thousand miles (Amsoil SS 5W-30).

I want to say the 2.0

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by metroplex

I want to say the 2.0

Would you be able to find out? If they are using 0W-20, it can't be the 2.0 since I'm sure it is supposed to use the Dexos1 Gen 2 oil (synthetic 5W-30).

Yeah those look great 4wd... They did a good job making those e cores better with more reinforcement. Those are actually really good filters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back