AC DELCO PF 63E CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks from rainy southwest PA
smile.gif

Filter was off uncles 2018 Cadillac XTS sedan. Vehicle has 18k on it presently. Had this fikter and id guess syn for lil' less than 4,800 miles. Put a WIX he supplied and PP 5w30 in and on

20180917_191810.jpg

20180917_191830.jpg

20180917_191949.jpg

20180917_192001.jpg

20180917_192026.jpg

20180917_192007.jpg

20180917_192056.jpg

20180917_192205.jpg

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
Love Delco's

I love the DELCO CLASSIC. E cores not so much but this one did well
smile.gif

Now that the inner cage has been reinforced with more plastic cross bars, no reason to question the integrity of the filter. Uppon cutting filters open, I've never had one "blow through" the filter membraine

Originally Posted by xtell
Now that the inner cage has been reinforced with more plastic cross bars, no reason to question the integrity of the filter. Uppon cutting filters open, I've never had one "blow through" the filter membraine

True. The newer built ones have more reinforcement which has made them look very good after being cut open.

Thanks for your work here Captain. You are the man
smile.gif

"Engineered media", a type of fiberboard. Filter resembles the old Champ made TLE filters-it got the job done, but I wouldn't push these very far, nor put them on anything that had a sludge nor moisture problem.

No expert here just a guy with an opinion. I think it looks really good. I just don't like the detachable pressure relief valves on some filters. I'd prefer a relief valve built into the filter. Seems like it could leak by where it fits into the element.

Changed the oil / filter on Wifey's car this weekend . The cartridge on it looked about like that , after about 4,500 miles . Both look OK to me .

Average filter. Nothing great, nothing wrong. It got the job done. Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by oldhp
What are the end caps made of???

Its a fibrous cardboard that flexes rather than tears the paper media (like rigid metal end caps do) under pressure or when it gets dirty.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals

Its a fibrous cardboard that flexes rather than tears the paper media (like rigid metal end caps do) under pressure or when it gets dirty.

Why not just not have an end cap at all going by that theory?

Thanks for the cut+paste! I've been trying to decide if I should slap on a PF63E for my PF64 application (oversize, plenty of room for a 63E on an '18 Equinox 1.5T)..... Or get a Wix equivalent-size to the PF63E.

Originally Posted by Ablebody
Originally Posted by LeakySeals

Why not just not have an end cap at all going by that theory?

Some filters are built like that.
Just glue to seal the ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back