AC DELCO PF 63E CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by xtell
Now that the inner cage has been reinforced with more plastic cross bars, no reason to question the integrity of the filter. Uppon cutting filters open, I've never had one "blow through" the filter membraine

True. The newer built ones have more reinforcement which has made them look very good after being cut open.

Thanks for your work here Captain. You are the man
smile.gif

Thanks Captain and I wonder if CO-CO I.e. "The boss" approves
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
"Engineered media", a type of fiberboard. Filter resembles the old Champ made TLE filters-it got the job done, but I wouldn't push these very far, nor put them on anything that had a sludge nor moisture problem.

Yeah, I never was impressed with E Core filters either. We used some at work years ago without issue. I had a PH500 Champion Lab filter fail on a older Ford Escape; darn can split near threaded end
frown.gif

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I find it amusing that they sell stuff like this. Good ol' Dayton Electric Company.
Shame they don't actually still build them (or things like them) in Dayton (esp. the bombed-out west side) it is littered with ruins of former Delco plants.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
Average filter. Nothing great, nothing wrong. It got the job done.

My problem with the AC Delco filters is that for just a couple of bucks more, there are better choices out there that are built better and filter better too.

Originally Posted by Ablebody
No expert here just a guy with an opinion. I think it looks really good. I just don't like the detachable pressure relief valves on some filters. I'd prefer a relief valve built into the filter. Seems like it could leak by where it fits into the element.

This one has a good seal, you can clearly see the sealing ring impression in the end cap.

I've gone through a case of 12 ecore delco filters with no issues on my Silverado. People dream up worse case scenario's on this website all the time. I'm using a Fram TG right now. Chevy V8 hasnt blown up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back