AC Cooling Time

not necessarily
if i remember correctly, it requires energy (heat) to be removed from the water for it to change phase. that's why boiling water can't get past 212 degrees, the more heat there is the faster it boils. so high humidity will make your a/c cool less, but there's not much water in air so it shouldn't be a big difference

the trick to having cold air when you get in your car is to remote start it a few minutes before you leave.

not necessarily
if i remember correctly, it requires energy (heat) to be removed from the water for it to change phase. that's why boiling water can't get past 212 degrees, the more heat there is the faster it boils. so high humidity will make your a/c cool less, but there's not much water in air so it shouldn't be a big difference
You're right, I shouldn't have said there is no difference, there is but very small at the temperatures the AC system operates in.
Here is a specific heat graph of air depending on Relative Humidity. As you can see, water in the air really starts to make a difference above 60C-70C.
For AC performance discussion, humidity plays very little role in heat removal capacity of the system.

Specific-heat-of-moist-air-relative-humidity-between-0-and-100.png

Back