ABS brakes make noise after engaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our '06 Honda Pilot AWD had the ABS brakes kick in when coming to a stop on a wet road.

After the vehicle came to a complete stop at the light, there was a loud and continuous noise coming from one of the wheels. The noise went away after the vehicle started moving again and the light turned green.

Is one of the ABS sensors going haywire or what's the deal?

Last edited:
You have to be more specific what you mean by that "noise". Calling something "noise" doesn't mean anything in this case, for it could be something rubbing, something click, something engaging, etc.

Originally Posted By: Quest
You have to be more specific what you mean by that "noise". Calling something "noise" doesn't mean anything in this case, for it could be something rubbing, something click, something engaging, etc.

high pitch noise

Originally Posted By: Quest
could be pad worn down to the indicator.

The car made this noise after it stopped and continued doing so up until it started moving again.

Did you stop the car, leave the engine running, hop out of the car and try and locate where the continuous noise is coming from? Wheel area, engine bay, under the car?

Originally Posted By: chrome
Did you stop the car, leave the engine running, hop out of the car and try and locate where the continuous noise is coming from? Wheel area, engine bay, under the car?

No, I was at the traffic light.

Originally Posted By: chrome
Could be the ABS modulator unit pumping up the pressure again. On some cars, this could be a high pitch whine or a lower frequency drone.

That's what I was wondering. On my Integra the ABS motor sounds like a loud lower frequency hum from the passenger side under the hood. Almost like the sound of someone burping.
lol.gif

My Impala does this some times...sounds high pitched...GM dealer told me nothing to be worried about...I still don't know what exactly is making the noise but its something to do with fliud pressure.

If there is no noise in normal operation, then it is with the ABS system.
Fresh fluid of the proper viscosity [!] is important.
I'd make a few calls to dealerships and query the service managers about this.
It could be normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back