abandoned old junkyard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. One of the 59 Fords and the 1960 Ford look like they could be restored. Some interesting Mopars in there too. Amused by the image of the Renault 4CV. I had one of those back in the late 50's. 3 spd manual and all of 28 bhp out of a very small OHV 4 cyl.

I consider people that leave these classic cars to rust away as idiots.They can sell them and not have them go to waste.A lot of people would love to bring them back to life!

Its a junk yard. The cars were dumped either due to accident, or were too expensive or not feasible to repair at the time they were dumped.

Junk yards like that are everywhere. Just take some cross country trips.

Its sad that businesses are abandoned and not cleaned up.

Those vehicles can be crushed/shredded into usable steal for new products. But, we don't have too many factories anymore.

Without rarity there would be nothing special about antiques. Eveyr car this hoarder keeps off the road makes the others just a little more special.

Look at Cubans keeping old 1950s stuff alive out of necessity. I'm sure they'd rather trade their iron for a new prius or something.

I like the junkyards that keep cars around indefinitely or at least until they are totally stripped down. The junkyards around here never keep cars long. They crush them for the scrap metal in a few days or weeks way before all the parts are stripped.

There's one photo of rusty Chevrolet trunk with a "Capital Chevrolet - Austin" dealership badge.

My 1992 Lumina came from the same dealership.

An acre of dreams forgotten. Who sat in the cars? What were the kids saying? Who was threatened "you better not make me come back there?" How many back seats saw action? Did any of the cars take a momma-to-be to the hospital and back home with the baby?

Those are the things I see there. And tears from some that let their cars go. Whoops of joy from others that got rid of the old !^$%&**#$%$ things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back