AAMCO in dc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear for my work truck right now. It's under our companies Enterprise fleet program and they had it sent to this AAMCO that was nearby the area my tire blew out. I handed the keys over and ten minutes later the guy turns to me and asks "the keys are in the truck, right?" He just drove the truck... I don't know what he did with them when he got out. At this rate my truck will either get stolen over night due to lack of care or maybe worse,Who knows. I just overheard him asking a lady if she wants him to glue her tire... Where did glue come into play?

Last edited:
Now they are talking about taking a car home until a customer pays because they are low on space. This place is shady.. I'm glad it's not my personal car.

Last edited:
Do an internet search on AMMCO and you will find lost of horror stories. Personally, if you need transmission work I've used the Gaithersburg Ford dealer and they were fine, but that was in 1992 (that was the last time I needed any type of transmission work that I could not do myself). Otherwise try an ATRA place.

I worked at a tire shop with 7 bays and every night we drove 7 cars in that were in arrears on their bills. One got a flat battery from the constant 30 feet trips in winter.

Oh and we worked on ERAC vehicles.
crackmeup2.gif

AAMCO has got crossed sideways for shady business practices with almost every state AG. Consumers Report ran more than one report about AAMCO, and I for one would never have an AT worked on by them. They've attempted to tidy up their reputation over the years but I wouldn't go near one. Same way with Jiffy Lube.CAVEAT Emptor.

The worst part is that Enterprise made us send it there because they were the closest "authorized repair center"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back