A whopping repair/service for 2013 Audi A6

Status
Not open for further replies.
still behind the wheel of a 2013 Audi in 2021?
your in law has quite the nut sack.
Where do all the 'old' Audis go? Ever wonder about that? I'm thinking Serbia.
edit: those last four work items are all intermingled top-end stuff. Looks like they're billed as individual events.
kind of like charging thrice for a clutch job, i.e. $788. release bearing, $891 friction disc, $1011. pressure plate.
"Yeah, you're already in there chief, bundle it. " - Answer: 'We can't, Audi Corporate policy forbids it! '

Last edited:
He's not knowledgeable mechanically, but how badly is he getting screwed?
The 55K service is double what Audi dealers charge here. I'm guessing the other items on the bill are equally overinflated.

You could get a 55k-65k maintenance package directly from Audi for $899 which covers both the 55K and the 65K service visits.

Get them to fix what stopped it from running. All of the other stuff is just Firestone store on steroids. After the fix, unload it on something a little less complicated or call around for other competent repair shops. That 55,000 mile service probably includes a transmission pan drop and replacement, along with a transmission filter and fluid. And, an oil and filter change. Probably half the crap they have listed, they won’t even touch.

I think the high pressure fuel pump failure stopped it. But when they inspected it they found the other stuff....? Leaking cam cover gaskets are unacceptable to me. Seems like every German car is plagued with this.

Scott
Have a customer with the same car. This is only the tip of the iceberg. He will soon need engine mounts ($1500+), guide link bushings ($1500+), upper control arm bushings and thermostat/water pump ($2k).

That 55,000 mile service probably includes a transmission pan drop and replacement, along with a transmission filter and fluid.
Nope. Trans fluid is considered "lifetime."

55K service includes:
Change engine oil and replace filter

Air Cleaner - Clean housing, replace filter
element

Dust and Pollen Filter - Replace

Replace Spark Plugs (or at 6 years and
every 60,000 miles or 6 years after)

Ribbed V Belt - Replace only the V belt
for the compressor drive (front belt)

Automatic Transmission and Final Drive -
Check for leaks

Battery - Check for clean terminals,
proper mounting, damage and acid lev…

Brake System - Check for damage, leaks,
pad thickness, fluid level

Cooling System - Check Level, add if
necessary

Drive Shaft Boots - Check

Engine Compartment - Check for leaks

Exhaust System - Check for damage,
leaks

Front and Rear Axle - Check for excessive
play, check dust seals on ball joints and…

Front Lighting - Check function of
parking lights, low beams, high beams,…

Horn - Check function

Plenum Panel - Remove cover for plenum
panel to check water drain and clean if …

Rear Lighting - Check function of
brakelights, tail lights, back-up lights, r…

Road Test - Check engine performance,
clutch, manual/automatic transmission…

Service Reminder Display - Reset

Snow Screen for Air Cleaner - Clean

Sunroof systems - Clean guide rails and
lubricate with grease

Tires and Spare - Check for wear and
damage, check pressure and renewal d…

Underbody - Check for damage and leaks

Visual check - Check chassis for paint
damage and corrosion, from inside and …

Wiper Blades - Check condition and
replace if necessary

Wiper/Washer/Headlight Washer -
Check adjustment and function, add flu…

Another service advisor set the hook and reels in the catch;

1621302082545.jpg

Have a customer with the same car. This is only the tip of the iceberg. He will soon need engine mounts ($1500+), guide link bushings ($1500+), upper control arm bushings and thermostat/water pump ($2k).
It's why I prefer Mercedes, they're the best of the three German makes which I guess isn't really saying that much. Audi has always been the worst.

Probably the fuel pump was the cause of the problem as someone stated. The rmainder is really really questionable. I rebuilt and drove Air cooled Porches for 25 years and did all of my own work. At some year, things started to get out of reasonableness and I parted ways. Still love the Porsche's but, not the kind of money I want to spend on service because at 83, I can't do the service that requires double and triple jointed wrists and elbows-Ha

55K service includes:
Change engine oil and replace filter

Air Cleaner - Clean housing, replace filter element

Dust and Pollen Filter - Replace

Replace Spark Plugs (or at 6 years and every 60,000 miles or 6 years after)

Ribbed V Belt - Replace only the V belt for the compressor drive (front belt)
$2000 seems a bit steep for ^ that.

I think the high pressure fuel pump failure stopped it. But when they inspected it they found the other stuff....? Leaking cam cover gaskets are unacceptable to me. Seems like every German car is plagued with this.
Is this the repair estimate or did they pay to have all of this done ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back