A switch to SOPUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past all of my vehicles and my family members vehicles that I maintain have used mostly Conoco Phillips oil, ie motorcraft, kendall, and trop artic. The focus had the 5w20 motorcraft dumped and replaced with PPPP 5w20 2 months ago. Thursday I changed the oil in the Ecoboost, the Kendall FS 5w-30 came out and PUP 5w-30 went in (UOA sent). The focus had the 5w20 motorcraft dumped and replaced with PPPP 5w20 2 months ago. The taurus had its oil changed tonight and had the Maxlife 5w20 dumped and was replaced with PHM 5w20. The MILs kia car had the last batch of VNG (FAR) dumped out and Formula Shell 5w30 put in. The BILs car was refilled with the same formula shell.

ALL of the vehicles I maintain are now filled with a SOPUS product, I really didn't plan for this but it happened over time. The rebates on PP and PUP made it too good to pass up and 1.99/qt forumla shell from menards is a convenient oil for the other vehicles. Kendall was getting ordered from PSC and trop artic is now 45 minutes away, I drive by a menards, APP, AZ and walmart on my way to work.

I'm now using Pennzoil Synthetic Blend 5w-30 (dexos1) in the GM trucks, the Chrysler minivan, and in the Ford V-10 motorhome... and Rotella 10w-30 in everything else (OPE).

I used to buy something different for each vehicle, but I'm done with that way of thinking.

It makes it a lot simpler to only have to buy two oils, and cover for everything. I can have 6 quarts of the 5w-30 on hand, and a jug of the Rotella 10w-30 next to it, and the bases are covered.

Yea keeping a bunch of different oils is a pain. The switch was essentially based on ease of getting the oils at a reasonable price. Gotta love Menards and walmart for oil and filters.

I have an oil suitable for every application sitting in the garage.
PP, Syntec, Chevron Supreme syn, Amsoil, G-Oil, Maxlife, Defy, M1, Delvac 1300, Rotella T5, Ultra, QSUD, Amsoil.
You name it I've got it.
If I were buying oil for each change, SOPUS does make good oils, but many other blends are very good as well.
I suppose that I should stop buying oil simply because it's dirt cheap or FAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back