A Robot vacuum ?

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
Should I look at self emptying or not. Wi-Fi Y/N ? In general are they actually useful or a giant pain.?

They are highly convenient. We have three (and a small one in the garage). Emptying takes a few seconds but self emptying and mop functions sound great.

I plan on eventually purchasing one. The self empty and mopping models are the ones to purchase in my opinion.

We have a very old one that doesn’t have mapping technology. Still worth it as long as you keep a tidy floor (not too many obstacles tossed on the floor).

Well I just ordered a certified refurbished i4+ self emptying for $217 with tax off of Ebay. 30 day no cost returns + 2 yr warranty. This one new on Amazon was in the $400-450 range .No way I'm paying that much for one. Amazon's refurbs were about a hundred higher. We'll see. Thanks again for the responses.

Should I look at self emptying or not. Wi-Fi Y/N ? In general are they actually useful or a giant pain.?
We've had an older Roomba for a couple of years. It does not have the ability to scan a room so it just bangs off the baseboards randomly. I hate the thing, it'll pick up pet hair and dirt but on carpet it in no way performs as well as a larger vacuum. It simply can't.

It's fine for hard floors..

Have a Freo vacuum/ mop. Worth every penny. Although I have have an ideal floor layout for it.

Although not self emptying it does clean its mop heads.

You think your floor is clean? Its not. Walk around with white socks a few hours and check it out.

Just don't get one for your 90+ year old grandma. My cousin who lives out of state made that mistake, and she keeps asking me to show her how it works. Trying to explain technology to someone like her never works out. Push the big button, if it flashes blue it means something, if it flashes green it means something else, if it flashes yellow it means something else. Then she has a bunch of area rugs with tassel things that it keeps getting tangled up in and furniture where it gets stuck trying to go underneath. I gave up and bought her the simplest, lightest weight broom vac that I could find.

Then a different relative got her a smart phone because she kept saying she wanted to try out this internet thing. Guess who had to try to explain to her how that stupid thing worked? Swipe up here, then press that, then swipe over here. To add names do this. Then go to this menu. Just about all of us have tried, but as soon as we leave I'm sure she still has no idea how to use it to call someone or to answer it if someone calls her. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

We have two Rooba's one is REALLY old the other just a few years, trouble free, both use the rubber roller set up not brushes.
I look at it as a personal preference, we elect to empty them ourselves rather than the self emptying into another container that sits in the house instead of the garage can. I can see the appeal if you have a house that fills the thing up fast and dont mind the small tower sitting around.

Oh the things people are willing to give up just for some convenience.

I can already see the arguments:
“But, but, but it’s all encrypted, secure and I’m a nobody anyways, so who would want to look at me and what’s going on in my house?”

This sucks: intimate photos taken by robot vacuums were leaked online​

my wife who falls under the psychological category of "OCD Neat Freak" loves her's with self emptying and Wi-Fi.
She is on her 3rd unit, the first 2 ( Shark and T5) had issues and were returned for credit.

the current model she has is a EcoVac DeeBot T8+ and she really likes it.

Oh the things people are willing to give up just for some convenience.

I can already see the arguments:
“But, but, but it’s all encrypted, secure and I’m a nobody anyways, so who would want to look at me and what’s going on in my house?”

Makes good headlines (I agree with you btw) but people dont care. We are lazy but love to read this stuff..
The vast majority doesnt go through privacy settings on their computers, phones, security systems which btw sends everything over the internet much better than a vacuum. The vast majority doesnt lock their credit (and its free)
The vast majority doesnt go through, setting by setting the privacy settings of social media like FACEBOOK and exposes everything about themselves and their families and children to everyone in the entire world. It just amazes me. This is a headache for Roomba but it will pass as soon as something else comes along.

Go figure.

my wife who falls under the psychological category of "OCD Neat Freak" loves her's with self emptying and Wi-Fi.
She is on her 3rd unit, the first 2 ( Shark and T5) had issues and were returned for credit.

the current model she has is a EcoVac DeeBot T8+ and she really likes it.
Deebot is the way to go.

Before kids we had a Roomba, it was ok, but it did ingest some cat puke, but wasn't terrible to clean out... With a toddler it became useless so we actually sold it. Now the kids are older and lego isn't quite as scattered everywhere but we haven't bothered to get one.

Back