a nice quiet muffler

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you guy`s have any idea where i can purchase a quiet canister muffler that will fit on my 06 CC LT 1045 with the kohler courage 20hp v-twin?? this thing is way too loud the way it is.and i cant seem to find any other option.and it has that idle control [censored] that makes it idle higher too.i tried disconnecting that,but it wouldnt run right.

Last edited:
Is the OEM one just worn out? If it was acceptable when new then just replace it with a new one. I've used partstree.com with good results.

Originally Posted By: Jeepster_nut
Is the OEM one just worn out? If it was acceptable when new then just replace it with a new one. I've used partstree.com with good results.

well unfortunately its been too loud from day one. i just wish i could find some place that offers a better muffler than the oem.

There's no alternatives that are going to fit that particular machine aside from OEM. If you want to do some custom fab work, the sky is the limit. The Kohler Courage 20 V-twin (on my Cub Z-Force mower) has a large cylindrical muffler similar to this one:
105296.jpg

It quiets the exhaust note, but it's still a loud engine at max governed speed regardless. I'm almost positive a Kohler Command V-twin exhaust will mount right up to the Courage V-twin. They are the same external layout.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back