a link I found

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEVER run Rotella in your lawn mower!
crazy2.gif

http://reviews.ebay.com/Serviceing-your-...000000005474613

Omg do youll think that is true i just switch every small engine that i own to Rotella sae 30??

*yawn*

Just another ill-informed/ill-educated oil user with unsubstantiated observations and no proper understanding on oil and engine designs whatsoever.

That's what's most NA avg joe is all about: heresays and unbstantiated rumour by neighbours.

06.gif

Q.

The guy is an idiot. Graphite in Rotella plating itself onto parts and reducing clearances?
crackmeup2.gif
Whaaaa? If this was true, everyone with a high-mileage, low-compression engine would be using this stuff to build up their cylinder bores. It would be a magic engine rebuild in a bottle!

I care about my mowers - I want to get all the life out of them as I can! Maybe I'm just cheap. I'll admit to using M1 in my mowers and it seems like they go all season without even darkening the oil.

later,
b

I cracked up when I read "Don't use parafinnic oil." This guy sounds like one of those people that would say that using regular Pennzoil or Quaker State would guarantee an engine choked in sludge.

well- I must be doing everything wrong-
New (last year) Toro self propelled- has no throttle linkage to adjust engine speed-when you release the handle, the engine shuts off at max governed rpm.
I reverse blow my air filters with compressed air.
I use PZL 30W exclusively. changed once / year
My engines have always outlasted the rest of the mower- usually the handles crack and have to be mended-when the mending finally gives up = new mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back