A know oil prices are up but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I just paid $4.69 a gallon a couple days ago. Been keeping the heat around 62-64 to avoid excess usage. Unfortunately it's how my hot water is heated, but it doesn't seem to kick it on too much extra.

That’s what I do, lock in the price during summer, pay over the course of the year.

Not everyone has, wants or is allowed by code to have a zillion gallons of heating oil on hand.
I sure wouldn’t want. Occasionally the tanks give and leak, and then you have a mess and need the tanks pumped.

I have twin 250’s and need two or so fills for the winter. Ouch.

Reactions: JC1
I sure wouldn’t want. Occasionally the tanks give and leak, and then you have a mess and need the tanks pumped.

We run out heat at 65-67. about four 1/2 fills of one tank across Winter.
How may gal/day are you using?
Should be a bit under 3gal/day ave sub freezing ambient if boiler is running well - which they often are not.
I am in an un- insulated 2 story log cabin. Wood stove is not working.

He is talking about the dollar buying power , it's dropping . As far as everything else it's political . And the truth can't be said here it hurts feelings , I love feelings , it makes everything better . Psshhhh
houses and cars.
Don't buy a house or a car. beyond that, epidemic driven shortages and silicon disasters.
Didn't see that coming. I bet the minimum wage improvements don't hurt enough to make a difference in the consumers wallet. Long overdue but phasing in at a bad time.

That’s a lot. I had one 250, and needed three fills for winter. In a 3,500 square foot house, in Stowe, VT, with three kids and the concomitant hot water (heated by the oil furnace) usage for baths and laundry.

But the house was new, 2x6 framed, well insulated, good windows, and very efficient.

I bought the contract, usually in July or August, and locked in 800 gallons for the year.

Reactions: JC1
houses and cars.
Don't buy a house or a car. beyond that, epidemic driven shortages and silicon disasters.
Didn't see that coming. I bet the minimum wage improvements don't hurt enough to make a difference in the consumers wallet. Long overdue but phasing in at a bad time.
Oh there's an epidemic in this country all right

Our propane costs do not tend to be seasonal because of exports and the Petrochemical demand.

320849BF-5EF1-4FD7-B16E-ADDAF73AA565.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back