A Costco food court's new menu item is raising eyebrows for its price

Interesting; I frequent that exact Costco location. Will have to try that the next time I go there.

I wish Costco would start selling a combo or supreme pizza. I don't know if they did before but while I spent a few years in Japan, the Costco there had combo pizza as a food court option, up until the 2020 pandemic.

It doesn't seem too out of line with current food prices, just a deluxe quarter pounder at Mikkey D's is almost $9 without a drink now, I'm sure this is a lot higher quality at least.

I'm going out to eat less and less these days due to the prices. Except for sushi. That's the one place I frequent that hadn't raised their prices yet, though it's not cheap but any means so it's a once a week thing at most.

You don't seem to understand math. No, $10 is more than the hourly wage for the average unskilled worker, but it's beside the point.

Clearly, you are filled with delusions that have nothing to do with reality.

If you are a sucker who pays that much and doesn't feel *reemed* then I can only conclude that you've been reemed so many times already that you are a bit.... loose and can't feel it now.

Again, I've never paid that much for a sandwich. I would never support some jackarse overcharging that much. It has nothing to do with time warp, I'm just not that stupid.
Here in wa (where the pic was taken) min wage is almost $16 an hour.

Considering a lot of people walking out of Costco just spent $1000 or more on their bulk groceries, it's really nothing. $10 barely gets you a semi-edible burger at McDonald's anymore. No need for insults.

I wish Costco would start selling a combo or supreme pizza. I don't know if they did before but while I spent a few years in Japan, the Costco there had combo pizza as a food court option, up until the 2020 pandemic.

They did in the USA until about March 2020 or so.

All this talk about inexpensive sandwiches reminded me of the magical meat with the built in opener on the side to garner access to it's bounty.

Nothing says premium better than meat with a key...

Costco used to have a burger and a pull pork sandwich before the CO . it was not cheap like $7 . a lot of the menu went away during CO. The best deal was the Caesar chicken salad for $5 . i used to get it all the time.

Considering a lot of people walking out of Costco just spent $1000 or more on their bulk groceries, it's really nothing. $10 barely gets you a semi-edible burger at McDonald's anymore. No need for insults.

Yep and if you go elsewhere for a burger you will pay close to $20 or more.

I actually do a fair amount of work in the Costco food court/pizza area and they are MUCH better managed & run than your average fast food operation. They know how to crank out a pretty decent pizza, and I don’t see any reason they couldn’t make a decent sandwich (although the $10 price tag won’t sell well, IMO). If you place your order at the kiosks it seems to move pretty quickly.
I agree. They are pretty efficient employees.

Now let us contrast to McDonald's. Owned by the same family corp. are all the locations near my house, all poor service.

The funniest is when a person walks up to a mobile order sitting there, rifles through it, then says it's not theirs.

This made me think of being a kid at summer camp. A counselor annoyed at a mess on the floor: "Hey! Is this your underwear?!"

A kid picks it up, smells it, then says, "Nope, not mine." It really happened and I found it strange, even at age 10. :ROFLMAO:

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
What it's worth to any particular person (utils, no?) is very hard to measure.

Next time I'm near a Costco food window, I'll see how long it takes one of these new RB's to appear.

Back