A Christmas Miracle!?! I broke the "rules" and it still got there!

On the 23rd I shipped out a UOA kit back to Blackstone, in the black mailing container with prepaid label and it got there today, just as promised! I didn't play any games trying to hide what it is. Now this is my first sample going to Blackstone so I have nothing to compare it to, previous samples have always gone out of state and have taken a while.

I know you are supposed to try to hide the fact that its an oil sample, but since there is nothing wrong with shipping them, I refuse to do so. Now this sample only went intrastate, maybe this is why it didn't get scrutinized. Maybe it was the Prepaid shipping label from a company, maybe its because the USPS is slammed.

or

This time around there was no return label on it with my address, I believe blackstone has a return address on there, maybe I am on a list.....lol

Last month I shipped a package to a friend a few states away and it took the circuitous route to get there, the last oil sample I sent to Atlanta took a month to get there, it was sent with postage paid in person at the post office, not like I just threw stamps on it and dropped it in a mailbox.

Our local post office never has given me any grief shipping these, although I was told people ship UOA kits out from there frequently, so it seems my local post office is familer with USPS regulations.

This is a minor miracle! I will post some results soon, might be interesting because I am running a substandard airfilter and its been really dusty this year!

Last edited:
I gave up on trying to send samples from Canada to Blackstone, the local post offices are pitbulls about hazardous liquids...and you know what happens when you try to argue with a clerk about triple sealing blah blah blah.

If the Canada / USA border opens up in 2021 I might send a sample via mailing in USA, but it depends on my USA travel plans. Have not bothered to search out a Canadian oil analysis site that would give me as much detail and concise comments as Blackstone. Nuisance.

How it is shipped by USPS is really up to the clerk who ships it if you are bring it to the post office. Some clerks are clueless and will only ship it ground even though there is nothing wrong with it going regular mail, they are uninformed and ship it the slow route. Other informed employees of the USPS will treat it like any other package and will get there quickly.

How it is shipped by USPS is really up to the clerk who ships it if you are bring it to the post office. Some clerks are clueless and will only ship it ground even though there is nothing wrong with it going regular mail, they are uninformed and ship it the slow route. Other informed employees of the USPS will treat it like any other package and will get there quickly.
This has been the third time I shipped one, same person at post office each time. I believe she is the only one there.

Unless she just changed how she sent it this last time, but I doubt that.

Problem before is they just sit in the system somewhere.

I sent two samples, Madison Wi.to Indianapolis,thru the Amsoil prepaid service about three weeks ago.I called customer service and the lady said,they hadn't arrived,very much normal,as their mail has been slow.

Back