A/C delco filter = Factory filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchased an A/C delco air filter the other day for my '05 Pontiac Vibe. When I pulled it out, it stated Denso on one side, and Toyota on the other, and look exactly like the factory filter.

So what's the deal, does A/C delco buy parts from other manufacturers and put them in their box? Or does ac make those filters for Denso?

Since the Vibe is actually a Toyota Matrix, GM wasn't going to have Delco re-engineer an air filter...they just buy them from Denso. This is a very common practice.

Denso makes a lot of parts for GM. Spark plugs for one. Seen them come out of GM engines which were made in the USA and so were the spark plugs.

Friend is a AC Delco dealer and he showed me an AC Delco oil filter box and on the inside were fram filters. He had a complete case of them.

The assembly plant in CA were the Vibe is made is a joint GM/Toyota venture.
nummi_opt.jpg

Don't know about air filters, but have found a Purlux filter in a PF 2277G box and have a Hengst in at PF 457 box waiting for me to find time to change oil. I bought the same Purlux filters in PH 9018 boxes and a Hasting's box too.

Originally Posted By: Mike_dup1
Denso makes a lot of parts for GM. Spark plugs for one. Seen them come out of GM engines which were made in the USA and so were the spark plugs.

I was under the impression that AC Delco plugs were actually made by NGK.

In my saab, they didnt bother to apply an AC part number - they just give me the NGK number in the OM.

Originally Posted By: GMGuy
Heres the curious question, how much is the filter if you bought it at a Toyota dealer?

I wondered that too. I payed $15 for the AC filter.

Originally Posted By: Mike_dup1

Friend is a AC Delco dealer and he showed me an AC Delco oil filter box and on the inside were fram filters. He had a complete case of them.

The assembly plant in CA were the Vibe is made is a joint GM/Toyota venture.

AC Delco oil filters are made by Fram?
shocked2.gif
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: GMGuy
Heres the curious question, how much is the filter if you bought it at a Toyota dealer?

I believe the last one I bought for my 08 Corolla ( I believe it is the same filter) was about $18.00

currently AC Delco air, oil and fuel filters are made by Wix.
That can change at anytime.
Also currently, honda OEM filters are made by fram.
AC Delco's just reboxes a lot of their stuff, Wix paints them their blue color and puts their label.
You can always tell a Wix filter by the 2 painted stripes on the rubber seal. that's unique ONLY to Wix and whatever Wix is making filters for.

Most people just react when someting breaks. No thought to preventing a problem. At some point it will stall or hesitate and it will come back in to get fixed. They will have used $200 in extra gas by then..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back