A 9 mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever the Zigana is crossed with it's patented and NATO approved. In the first Robo Cop movie Robo used the ported model.

Probably a gun that would fit in Robocop's hands?

Zigana_sport_chrome.jpg

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
The original Robo Cop gun was a modified Beretta 92/93

Guess I got my movies mixed up...haha. I'll find what movie the Zigana.

Originally Posted By: tc1446
Originally Posted By: GhostFlame
I guess you could return it if you don't like it. I don't know anything about guns. I am interested and I am thinking of getting my first handgun. I was told that good guns start at around $650 to $1000 for a home security handgun. But what do I know?

Wrong...on price. For home use, for those that know little, get a revolver.
They'll shoot every time you pull the trigger. S&W model 10's are the old
standby. A zillion of them out there used. Should be able to get one under
$200. Otherwise, get a pump shotgun. ABout same price.
Downside of the wheelgun, any little kid can figure out how to use one, or any lowlife who takes it away from you.

^^^ NO gun should be left around where any little kid can get access to it. There have been plenty of instances where a semi-auto was discharged by a little kid and somebody got killed.

I did not grow up around guns, bought my first rifle at age 20. I have never taken any type of gun safety course and amazingly I am still alive. Guns are pretty common sense, do NOT chamber a round and do NOT put a finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire. Do NOT play with the gun, it is not a toy. Do NOT allow a friend to hold it, EVER unless you have checked twice to make sure it is unloaded-magazine and chamber. Do not rely on the safety, if there is no round in the chamber that is the best safety ever.

As for what type of gun, have your pick. Price is not everything. My most reliable gun is a 32 S&W long revolver but it does not have the power of my 12 gauge or my 9mm. The 9mm cost me $300 brand new and has plenty of stopping power and 15 round capacity, it goes in my glovebox every time I start my car.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
The 9mm cost me $300 brand new and has plenty of stopping power and 15 round capacity, it goes in my glovebox every time I start my car.

What is your 9mm?

A Zestava EZ9, used by the Serbian military and police. I love it! It is a full sized 9mm and is absolutely dead on accurate. I am a really good shot with any gun, but this thing is absolutely incredible to shoot. Almost no recoil. It does not like Hornady JHP, I think because of the shorter size. It eats everything else I have fed it like a fat kid on Halloween.

The Canik TP9, essentially a Walther P99 clone, can be had for 300 brand spanking new also. It comes well reviewed.
Not in the land of some of the dumbest and most gullible people on earth.

The Canik TP9, essentially a Walther P99 clone, can be had for 300 brand spanking new also. It comes well reviewed.

1/4 of what it is sold for in Turkey. Obviously they are trying to get a foothold in the US by subsidizing their products.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu

1/4 of what it is sold for in Turkey. Obviously they are trying to get a foothold in the US by subsidizing their products.

Well that may also have something to do with the strength of the US dollar or regulations/taxes internally in Turkey. I have a friend who is from Europe and you can always buy an Austrian made Glock cheaper here than in his homeland even though the Glock has been out since the early 1980s.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ NO gun should be left around where any little kid can get access to it. There have been plenty of instances where a semi-auto was discharged by a little kid and somebody got killed.
In the real world, little kids have a habit of finding things. A semi with no round in the chamber is pretty hard for a little child to work. Add to that a grip safety and the the standard safety and even the grown up lowlife get confused. Leaving a semiauto with the safe off and a round in the chamber is not wise, but no different that a loaded double action wheel gun. On a 1911 the hammer has to be cocked to fire, a double action revolver cocks itself when the trigger is pulled. Too bleepin easy.

Last edited:

Well that may also have something to do with the strength of the US dollar or regulations/taxes internally in Turkey. I have a friend who is from Europe and you can always buy an Austrian made Glock cheaper here than in his homeland even though the Glock has been out since the early 1980s.

Tax rates and practices are different, true. For example one has to pay 1600 US dollars to get a carry license for 5 years. After paying for detailed medical exams/reports etc are paid for by the applicant... But these are independent of the price of guns. The only tax included in the price is VAT at 18%.
Strength of the US dollar? That Canik TP9' factory price is 3200 Lira which translates into around 1500 US dollars.
300 here, 1500 there. Same strong currency.
Glock is manufactured in the US also, maybe the labor is cheaper here than in Austria?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
In the real world, little kids have a habit of finding things. A semi with no round in the chamber is pretty hard for a little child to work. Add to that a grip safety and the the standard safety and even the grown up lowlife get confused. Leaving a semiauto with the safe off and a round in the chamber is not wise, but no different that a loaded double action wheel gun. On a 1911 the hammer has to be cocked to fire, a double action revolver cocks itself when the trigger is pulled. Too bleepin easy.

I have two kids, got a small locked case/gun vault. I keep the gun locked, ammunition separate. Had the kids sign a pledge. God forbid...

Tax rates and practices are different, true. For example one has to pay 1600 US dollars to get a carry license for 5 years. After paying for detailed medical exams/reports etc are paid for by the applicant... But these are independent of the price of guns. The only tax included in the price is VAT at 18%.
Strength of the US dollar? That Canik TP9' factory price is 3200 Lira which translates into around 1500 US dollars.
300 here, 1500 there. Same strong currency.
Glock is manufactured in the US also, maybe the labor is cheaper here than in Austria?

This was before Glock started churning out US made guns. A Glock in Croatia for instances, when you did the currency exchange was almost 2x as much. The same went for the Springfield XD/ IM Metal HS2000 when he was there. Like I said there may be taxes on the arms maker if they sell domestically versus exporting that adds to the cost. I do not think it is a subsidizing thing since the Walther P99 would cost less than the TP9 which does not make sense as I know manufacturing costs are higher in Germany versus Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back