A 14.5 billion dollar bill for Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Every international corporation try to minimize tax obligation legally. Why EU Commission rule this Apple taxing with Ireland is illegal is something I don't understand and have no opinion.

Didn't you have a VERY strong opinion on US car companies getting their engineering done overseas only in the last couple of weeks ?

Within the same global company ?

As you say, it's their obligation to minimise costs...

Yes, I do despise all US companies outsource jobs to foreign countries to maximize their profits. I am against GM outsourcing engineering jobs to South Korea, to China ... them import vehicles back into US. GM has manufacturing plants in China or other countries to produce vehicles for local market is one thing, but having manufacturing plants oversea then import vehicles from those plants back into US is unacceptable to me.

As an American I like to see products designed/manufactured in America and export to oversea, I like to see American companies have their offices/plants here in America employing American. If you don't like it, too bad !

But this Apple and Ireland tax situation is totally different with outsourcing jobs.

But this Apple and Ireland tax situation is totally different with outsourcing jobs.

Every E.U. Nation has the right to set it's own corporation tax level. They vary widely across the E.U. and there is no issue with that. So strangely it is "not the E.U.'s fault" - [censored]. The issue is, that sweetheart deal should have been universal to all companies operating in the Republic, and it was not. Therefore it is illegal. All they have to do is apply the 12% tax rate universally and reclaim the unpaid tax, plus interest; 19bn., from Apple. They still have one of the lowest corporation tax thresholds in the E.U., so they are not going to go anywhere soon. If Apple choose to "Brexit", they will have to pay 10% import duty on their goods sold in the E.U. They aren't that stupid.

Ireland messed up, and they knew it.

Every international corporation try to minimize tax obligation legally. Why EU Commission rule this Apple taxing with Ireland is illegal is something I don't understand and have no opinion.

Didn't you have a VERY strong opinion on US car companies getting their engineering done overseas only in the last couple of weeks ?

Within the same global company ?

As you say, it's their obligation to minimise costs...

Yes, I do despise all US companies outsource jobs to foreign countries to maximize their profits. I am against GM outsourcing engineering jobs to South Korea, to China ... them import vehicles back into US. GM has manufacturing plants in China or other countries to produce vehicles for local market is one thing, but having manufacturing plants oversea then import vehicles from those plants back into US is unacceptable to me.

As an American I like to see products designed/manufactured in America and export to oversea, I like to see American companies have their offices/plants here in America employing American. If you don't like it, too bad !

GM has more US factories and American employees than any other manufacturer. I find your entire post amusing considering the vehicles posted in your signature.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
GM has more US factories and American employees than any other manufacturer. I find your entire post amusing considering the vehicles posted in your signature.

Did GM had any car compatible with MB e430 in 2000 ?

Did GM had any car compatible with Honda S2000 in 2004 ?

Did GM had any family sedan as reliable as Honda Accord in 2014 ?

Remember that in the 50's ,60's and even 70's GM had almost 50% US market share, but their lousy cars kept consumers away.

From almost 50% market share to $50 billion bailed out in 2008 tells you something about the company.

I had 2 GM junks and two Ford's in the 70's and 80's. All those 4 cars gave me no joy, just headaches.

Did GM had any car compatible with MB e430 in 2000 ?

Did GM had any car compatible with Honda S2000 in 2004 ?

Did GM had any family sedan as reliable as Honda Accord in 2014 ?

Remember that in the 50's ,60's and even 70's GM had almost 50% US market share, but their lousy cars kept consumers away.

From almost 50% market share to $50 billion bailed out in 2008 tells you something about the company.

I had 2 GM junks and two Ford's in the 70's and 80's. All those 4 cars gave me no joy, just headaches.

GM didn't make a car as bad as Mercedes did in 2000, so no.

2004 Corvette

2014 Regal

2004 Corvette

2014 Regal

No American companies had any car compete with E430 in 2000, nothing came close to it.

Corvette was and is too big, good performance but no handling, no where close to S2000 for the money.

2014 Buick Regal is not close to 2014 Accord in term of reliability and refined.

Last question for you, do you like an American company employing American workers in America to make some products to sell in America and export, or do you like GM employs Chinese workers in China to make vehicles in China to sell in America so GM can pocket some money and American is out of work ?

I know what I like, I don't know about you.

compatible, in what way ?

In every way. Good performance and handling, nice equipment and fit/finish ... at the price you like to send and the way you like to drive it.

Was there a compatible with Honda S2000 10-15 years ago ? Even BMW Z4 3L and Porsche Boxster 2.7L ... couldn't compete with S2000 2L engine on any track and they costed much more. Adding the reliability nothing comes close to Honda S2000.

2004 Corvette

2014 Regal

No American companies had any car compete with E430 in 2000, nothing came close to it.

Corvette was and is too big, good performance but no handling, no where close to S2000 for the money.

2014 Buick Regal is not close to 2014 Accord in term of reliability and refined.

Last question for you, do you like an American company employing American workers in America to make some products to sell in America and export, or do you like GM employs Chinese workers in China to make vehicles in China to sell in America so GM can pocket some money and American is out of work ?

I know what I like, I don't know about you.

Didn't Honda just build a plant in Mexico so they could build cars there to sell in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back