9th gen Impala

The TH325-4L based on the 200-4R are kind of obscure today, But that's what all the 80's Olds Tornado's & Cadillac Eldorado's had were decent units IMO.

OP: In 2008, my parents bought an rental fleet Impala from a local dealer. They'd received a truck load from the west coast, and they were all priced the same. Just pick a color, and bench or console interior and off you went. The car had ~25k miles on it at time of purchase.

Fast forward to today: I recently discovered that the car had finally been retired at somewhere around 300k miles. I personally serviced it throughout it's entire lifespan, which consisted of YEARS of abuse by multiple family members followed by another few being neglected by the person I sold it to.

I can say with complete confidence that the 3.5/4T60 combo is hands down the combination you should focus on. Our car never needed a radiator, a water pump, a thermostat, an alternator, a fuel pump, a transmission, nothing. I replaced the AC compressor, brakes, a couple wheel bearings, and that's it. It got exactly ONE trans service in it's life. I never replaced the spark plugs or wires, and it always got 30+ MPG on the highway.

OP: In 2008, my parents bought an rental fleet Impala from a local dealer. They'd received a truck load from the west coast, and they were all priced the same. Just pick a color, and bench or console interior and off you went. The car had ~25k miles on it at time of purchase.

Fast forward to today: I recently discovered that the car had finally been retired at somewhere around 300k miles. I personally serviced it throughout it's entire lifespan, which consisted of YEARS of abuse by multiple family members followed by another few being neglected by the person I sold it to.

I can say with complete confidence that the 3.5/4T60 combo is hands down the combination you should focus on. Our car never needed a radiator, a water pump, a thermostat, an alternator, a fuel pump, a transmission, nothing. I replaced the AC compressor, brakes, a couple wheel bearings, and that's it. It got exactly ONE trans service in it's life. I never replaced the spark plugs or wires, and it always got 30+ MPG on the highway.
Now that ^^^^ is an informative post.
Thank you:)

Back