98 leaves quick connect fuel hose sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do! Putting those hoses on,as lubener suggested....would I use citron fuel o rings as well?or just the clamps,and hose?

Originally Posted by ziggy
Will do! Putting those hoses on,as lubener suggested....would I use citron fuel o rings as well?or just the clamps,and hose?

Cut the steel line with a tubing cutter where you get to a solid section (front and rear), put a flare on the end, attach the hose and make sure you use a clamp intended for fuel injection to secure the ends. A standard worm clamp can be used on the two smaller hoses since the pressure is so low there. Use zip ties (don't sinch them too tight) to secure the new hoses. It worked great for me and lasted for two years till I sold the car this past summer. I have no doubt it is still working fine and will likely outlast the car. Of course this all depends on finding solid steel at the rear and front of the car because the steel line may split when you try to flare weak line.

Last edited:
Will those, but in 012,011within the clips in hoses? I remember,theirs inner diameter,and outer diameter.some people bought o rings, based on OD,only too find,it was too small.

The o rings are in the female part of the connector and stay with it while disconnected. If you bought new lines with that part, you have new o rings already.

As eljefino and Ron said, the problem is most likely rust on the metal male end of the line where it is supposed to seal on the o ring. New o rings will not help that. You need to take apart and see what you have first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back