97' tacoma gear lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 5M tranny and want to change to amsoil gear lube, with the diff also. its a 2 W/D. what weight, and how much do I need to buy?. thanks

If you want to use synthetic then use Mobil-1 75W-90, if not then get the top rated Pennzoil 80W-90. BUY 3 QTS. but you won't use all 3 completely. Make sure vehicle is on level ground and MOST IMPORTANT REMOVE THE FILL BOLT FIRST to make sure you can re-fill. Then removing the drain bolt, notice which way those crush washers are on so you can re-install them the same way and you won't have any leaks. You could go to your Toyota dealer and get 2 new washers before starting if you don't want to re-use old ones.

When re-rilling with vehicle level just keep adding till it runs out the fill hole. Dispose of old oil with your old motor oil as they are comptable.

I have a 2001 with a 5 speed. I tried: amsoil, royal purple, Redline, redline/mixed50-50, Mobil 1, and the factory fill.

Hands down, the Amsoil (series 2000) was the best and it's what in there now.

At my next change, I plan on using the Amsoil MTF since I've good things about this lube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back