90* rubber vacuum fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 96 Regal has a 90-degree rubber vacuum fitting that has turned to mush.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The fitting measures 6-mm I.D. on one end and 8-mm I.D. on the other. I can make a rubber or silicone elbow that measures 6-mm (1/4") on both ends work if I could find it but can't find any thing close.

GM has discontinued this vacuum pipe so I am hoping some other vehicle might use a 90* elbow that I can use.

Check out the HELP! Rack at an auto parts store, they make generic 90 degree fittings that should fit your car. I bought a Dorman one that looked similar to that for my old 1999 Deville

Alternatively, you might be able bypass that entire nylon line with the proper length vacuum hose. Also found at an auto parts store.

I need to find a 90* rubber elbow to replace the bad one.

This vacuum line runs from the front of the motor over the 3800 plastic intake manifold to the back side of the motor. If I go from a ¼" O.D. hard line to a ¼" rubber hose the O.D. will be 12-mm and will not want to fit under the motor cover.

If I could find some kind of soft ¼" copper line that is easy to bend that might work.

Originally Posted by ron350

If I could find some kind of soft ¼" copper line that is easy to bend that might work.

No need for all that..have you tried dropping that part# into Google? Or do a Google search for pcv elbow (try Amazon for pcv elbow)...or even try your local junker... just walk around peeking under hoods to see if you find one you like. Or measure the OD and see if your local parts store has vacuum hose you can put clamps on.

So many options...

PCV elbow 👇
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
Just use a piece of hose. No reason to over think this.

What I was thinking.

Try an old spark plug wire elbow. Many are exactly the dimensions listed.

Thick rubber or silicone that won't wear out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back