$80.3B Invested in Detroit

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/transportation/taxpayers-b-invested-auto-makers/
 Quote:
The taxpayers’ investment in the U.S. auto industry rose to $80.3 billion, after the U.S. Treasury provided a new $30.1 billion bankruptcy loan to General Motors (GMGMQ: undefined, undefined, undefined%) on Wednesday, two days after GM filed for bankruptcy, a new Treasury report said.
 Quote:
TARP's automotive-industry financing program investments to date are: Dec. 29, GMAC LLC, $5 billion Dec. 29, General Motors, $884,024,131 Dec. 31, General Motors, $13.4 billion Jan. 2., Chrysler Holding, $4 billion Jan. 16, Chrysler Financial Services, $1.5 billion Apr. 22, General Motors, $2 billion Apr. 29, Chrysler Holding, $500 million Apr. 29, Chrysler Holding, $280,130,642 May 1, Chrysler LLC, $3.043143 billion May 20, Chrysler LLC, $756.857 million May 20, General Motors, $4 billion May 21, GMAC, $7.5 billion May 27, New CarCo Acquisition, $6.943 billion May 27, General Motors, $360,624,198 June 3, General Motors, $30.1 billion

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
And I'm guessing it won't end there...
That's what worries me the most. It's hard to stop sucking the public teat once you start. John

Invested??? \:\! How about: a) they stole my hard earned money b) siphoned off somewhere between 25-90% for waste, fraud, abuse, inefficiency and useless redundancy c) gave the remainder to a group of thieves, perverts, miscreants, greedpigs, and idiots With almost no hope of seeing .02$ on the $1.00? I'll take my chances with Deano Martin!

Well folks, more then half wanted change..they got it.. Remember, Millions on Welfare depend on the hard working people daily...

I read that in Europe, the people voted AGAINST anymore financing dollars to shore up businesses. I like what Obama is trying to do after the Bush/Madof years. I am uncomfortable with so many tax dollars going out. I fear inflation of a great magnitude will be facing us. I'm not financial expert but, one does need to pay the fiddler in the end. I know what will happen to me if I write bad checks.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I like what Obama is trying to do after the Bush/Madof years. I am uncomfortable with so many tax dollars going out.
This makes no sense.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
 Originally Posted By: Eddie
I like what Obama is trying to do after the Bush/Madof years. I am uncomfortable with so many tax dollars going out.
This makes no sense.
I like it but I hate it.

Invested??? \:\! How about: a) they stole my hard earned money b) siphoned off somewhere between 25-90% for waste, fraud, abuse, inefficiency and useless redundancy c) gave the remainder to a group of thieves, perverts, miscreants, greedpigs, and idiots With almost no hope of seeing .02$ on the $1.00? I'll take my chances with Deano Martin!
Pablo for President!!!!!! I totally agree with you!

PT1

What he said....