75w90 GL5 for my applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
i plan to change front and rear differential fluids on my 2 F150'S and Infiniti Q50... all can use 75W90 GL5

i have these accessible to buy... aiming for Synthetic

Motomaster Synthetic Extreme Pressure (Made by Shell) -the cheapest
Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic
Castrol Syntec
Mobil 1 LS
Valvoline Synpower

Last edited:
I just did my 14 bolt 10-1/2" in my 3/4 ton Chev. Motomaster 75w90 Synthetic.
smile.gif

Last edited:
If you want longevity in the fluid, probably redline or amsoil as they are considered very strong.

Last edited:
replacing all drivetrain lubes with redline real ester synthetics netted 3 mpg or so, well worth the cost!

Originally Posted by benjy
replacing all drivetrain lubes with redline real ester synthetics netted 3 mpg or so, well worth the cost!
How was that qualified?

I don't really know anything about your suggestions. I'm an Amsoil gear oil guy.

I'd probably go with the Pennsoil.

Originally Posted by Thugzy
i plan to change front and rear differential fluids on my 2 F150'S and Infiniti Q50... all can use 75W90 GL5

i have these accessible to buy... aiming for Synthetic

Motomaster Synthetic Extreme Pressure (Made by Shell) -the cheapest
Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic
Castrol Syntec
Mobil 1 LS
Valvoline Synpower

Go with Motomaster Synthetic Extreme Pressure - excellent oil.
If living close to US border then you can pickup Supertech Full Syn at their Walmart (sometimes they call the store 'Oh Ma' in USA .. LOL) which is actually also Extreme Pressure oil with excellent anti foaming properties.

That cant be real, or all the car manufacturers that chase tenths of a mpg for tens/hundreds of millions in research dollars would all be using it.

I used Royal Purple in my rear differential. It was barely more money than some of the conventional offerings. That's not to say anything against any of the options you listed. It was just convenient and cost effective for me. For most, that won't hold true.

I use Amsoil severe gear oil 75w-90 on the Q50 hybrid. The hybrid has alot of torque 540Nm and really works the diff and transmission fluid.

First drain at about 5000km when the car was new. The diff oil that came out was black like break in oil and lots of metallic fuzz on the magnetic drain bolt. The second time I drain the diff at 80,000km the oil came out very clean. Just a very slight degrade in golden colour compare to the new diff oil and not much metal found on the magnetic drain bolt.

Last edited:

Please continue because Redline is not ester based

I recently drained the 75w90 M1 in my 2002 Tacoma's diff that had been in it for 100k miles. It still looked great--almost new believe it or not. I have no doubt it could've gone much longer. I replaced it with some Valvoline SynPower that I got on sale. I plan to run it at least 100K miles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back