737 MAX 10

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
232 seats on this 737 MAX 10 narrowbody. I will avoid this plane. When I see this, it reinforces my desire to never ever fly again after retirement.

The mid exit door is new to the 737. I assume more exit doors are required the lengthy and PAX capacity of this aircraft.

337414906_496248796057641_3544400166353825425_n.jpg

Everything seems to fly full post lock downs … At least those have some serious O/H bins …

91552AEA-AC42-4CDA-989C-263CBAAF3C0E.jpeg

Got it! As a 6'5" 275lbs guy I have been pleasantly surprised the past decade as far as seat room. I fly mostly Jetblue but my last AA flight was also very good with the seat upgrade for more space. My worst experience was an Alitalia 777 around 2002 - little Italian engineers made a plane for little Italian people - it was a miserable flight to and from Rome.

Got it! As a 6'5" 275lbs guy I have been pleasantly surprised the past decade as far as seat room. I fly mostly Jetblue but my last AA flight was also very good with the seat upgrade for more space. My worst experience was an Alitalia 777 around 2002 - little Italian engineers made a plane for little Italian people - it was a miserable flight to and from Rome.
Yep - it’s like $40 more to get a bit of legroom …
Kindle works better than a paperback …

Last edited:
I understand. I also was on a Alitalia widebody around that time (2005), and it was so very miserable, I said to my self "never" again.

I am packing up my bags right now about to catch a 7 hour flight, two hour layover, 14 hour flight, four hour layover, two hour flight, two hour layover, then a 45 minute flight. Then a one hour uber to get home......

Flights are so booked, currently it takes some painful routing to get home,

You do understand the airlines - not the manufacturer - dictate seat pitch. Have you been on a Southwest 737-800 or Max-8? Even the non-exit rows are pretty good for my 6'5" 260-pound frame. On the other hand, American's 737-800s are pretty dreadful insofar as pitch.

Boeing and Airbus offer capability and capacity. It's up to the customer to configure cabins to suit their needs.

You do understand the airlines - not the manufacturer - dictate seat pitch. Have you been on a Southwest 737-800 or Max-8? Even the non-exit rows are pretty good for my 6'5" 260-pound frame. On the other hand, American's 737-800s are pretty dreadful insofar as pitch.

Boeing and Airbus offer capability and capacity. It's up to the customer to configure cabins to suit their needs.
I was about to say this.

Airline preference dictates seating configurations, Boeing is just promoting how many it can handle in a single class configuration.

I would wonder where the lavatories are. Most are in the rear but some have mid-cabin lavatory that is usually for the premium seats.

I would wonder where the lavatories are. Most are in the rear but some have mid-cabin lavatory that is usually for the premium seats.
737s usually have one in front by the cockpit and one in the rear. Even on multi-class configurations, I don't think there would be room for a mid-cabin.

I recently flew on a max 8 to our vacation destination and an 800 on the return, with Sunwing. A couple years ago the max 8 would have scared me but I assume they had to get everything top notch after they got caught killing all those people on the 2 planes that went down. I remember reading the posts here, guys saying it would never happen to American pilots. Lol. Glad I did my own research.

Just flew home Saturday after a 74 day South American Cruise. Fort Lauderdale and Charlotte were absolute zoos-and all planes were absolutely full. I wouldn't think flying in to Salt Lake from Charlotte would be a thing-but it was. Maybe skiing-IDK.
The airline industry as a great business model-make flying a big of a hassle as possible-and then put you in an extremely uncomfortable seat for an extended period. Yea-great business model!

But if you want to stay home in retirement and not get on a plane-I guess that's a choice. It keeps CoPart busy.

Back