6R80 problem

17 F150 V8 , 6R80 126k km / 78 k Mile. 10% towing up to 7000 lbs max.
No codes on transmission , trans oil (Mercon lv) / filter ( OEM ) changed twice ( 30k ,60 k miles ) . I have vibration when accelerating , they mostly disappear when I take foot off accelerate pedal, still can feel them but they are less noticeable , some jerking when on cruise control , also cruising speed city and hwy. Have some vibration when I start engine and vibration reducing when engine rpm going down but never disappear.
Also trans temperature is higher then normal + /- 190 F on hwy , up to 203 F city , when radiators fans start working.
Do you guys have any thoughts whats cause this problem?!

Those temps are normal and not high My mustang with 6r80 runs at this all the time.
like atikovi thinks more like u-joints.

Google "F-150 slip yoke" and see if the described symptoms track with what you're observing.

As for temp - when I'm towing, the 6R80 in my F-150 runs in the range you're experiencing. I don't watch it as closely when city driving, so I can't offer a comparison there.

I have the same trans in my 15 with similar mileage. I've read everything I could on it and the posts above are often cited for the symptoms you've posted. Let us know what you find out. Good luck.

17 F150 V8 , 6R80 126k km / 78 k Mile. 10% towing up to 7000 lbs max.
No codes on transmission , trans oil (Mercon lv) / filter ( OEM ) changed twice ( 30k ,60 k miles ) . I have vibration when accelerating , they mostly disappear when I take foot off accelerate pedal, still can feel them but they are less noticeable , some jerking when on cruise control , also cruising speed city and hwy. Have some vibration when I start engine and vibration reducing when engine rpm going down but never disappear.
Also trans temperature is higher then normal + /- 190 F on hwy , up to 203 F city , when radiators fans start working.
Do you guys have any thoughts whats cause this problem?!

torque converter, tork converter clutch issue?

I can only guess about your vibration, so no help there, but I do know the 6r80 has a thermostatically controlled valve that prevents fluid to flow to the cooler until the fluid reaches 190f. Your temps are completely normal.

Back