64 and the Medicare/retirement vultures

Status
Not open for further replies.
A buddy of mine was talking about hitting 64 and he started getting more and more mass mailings and calls from the insurance/financial world for the 'correct' supplement to buy and the 'right time' to start SS and pension options they'd want to 'manage'. I told him that by the time he's at the Medicare sign up time, the mailings/calls will be daily-such fun.

Did Paul McCartney have this problem?
laugh.gif

You can tell what reimbursement rates are profitable... those CPAP machines and up to 200 catheters a month. Ads on TV.

my dad is 71 in three days. I get mail asking about medicare options all the time. I'm only 38. There must be alot of medicare business to take from the government coffers. I get alot of hearing aid solicitation with my "medicare". I also get cemetery plots using my "VA benefit" My dad is a Navy veteran. I get free paid dinners in the mail to attend a "social security maximizing for your retirement, find out what social security doesn't want you to know!, and how to double your social security checks" The scammers really know how to target the elderly population with their scams! It's good to know what I pay into social security is potentially given to these scammers.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
my dad is 71 in three days. I get mail asking about medicare options all the time. I'm only 38. There must be alot of medicare business to take from the government coffers. I get alot of hearing aid solicitation with my "medicare". I also get cemetery plots using my "VA benefit" My dad is a Navy veteran. I get free paid dinners in the mail to attend a "social security maximizing for your retirement, find out what social security doesn't want you to know!, and how to double your social security checks" The scammers really know how to target the elderly population with their scams! It's good to know what I pay into social security is potentially given to these scammers.

Getting a bunch of those myself....

Originally Posted By: Turk
Just like Teens getting College mailings.....

I noticed I was finally "somebody" as a senior in HS when within a month I got recruitment phone calls from all four branches of the military. Apparantly the school forwards one's biographical information unless they opt out.

I am 69 yrs young,get them all the time. That small Asian war took care of my meds and such---VA medical, works for me....am grateful I do not have to spend thousands of bucks on some Obama medical policy that is now falling down.

Medicare part "F" is all you need to know. You will never pay anything..no Co-Pay, no deductible. If it is a valid Medicare Cost, Part F picks up the rest. In 5 years I have not had one bill to pay out of pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back