5w20 for 2007 grand marquis.help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bookmaker
Originally Posted By: globey
I've read that Pennzoil and QS cause sludge and that the moon landing was faked.

That was helpful...

As was your comment about oil with HT/HS below 2.8 causing premature wear.

The point is, all are myths.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
the moon landing was faked???

Well, yeah!

Hey, the Motorcraft Syn-Blend, 5W20 for 10.28 for 5 quarts At Wally World this morning? What's not to like? Ford would be happy with that.

But Lordie, there are bargains out there. They were selling 5 quart jugs of Mobil5000 Clean in 10W30 and 5W30 for $6.98 this morning too, which is a nice price, yes? No? They said on the shelf tag $7.98, but they rang up $6.98. I bought 8 of those, which will do 10 OCI for under $60.00 with tax. What's not to like? I may even go get more later today.

I'm starting to like Utah-Bill's formula, do a four to five thousand mile OCI, call it a day. I'm no friend of Exxon/Mobil, but for a decent dino, $1.46/quart in this day and age who with a dwindling stash can resist? They're also selling Quaker State Dino for $7.98/5 Quarts, too, I bought one of those in 5W20 since they had a jug of 5W20, but it rang up $7.98. The rest was 10W30 for some reason. I see dino at AA for 2.68 on up to 3.50, I gotta love the WallyWorld pricing for those jugs, I tell ya!

20 wt oil has been spec'd for almost five years now? where are the engines who failed using this weight oil?

mechanical problems, poor maintenance, and low oil levels will probably do more harm than any other variable. use what you desire but, I would not be to overly concerned with the oils viscosity. surely I'd follow the mfgr recommendations for change intervals.
good luck champ

Quote:
the moon landing was faked.
50.gif

No offense, just waiting for the proper time to use that one.

Originally Posted By: toocrazy2yoo
Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
the moon landing was faked???

Well, yeah!

Hey, the Motorcraft Syn-Blend, 5W20 for 10.28 for 5 quarts At Wally World this morning? What's not to like? Ford would be happy with that.

But Lordie, there are bargains out there. They were selling 5 quart jugs of Mobil5000 Clean in 10W30 and 5W30 for $6.98 this morning too, which is a nice price, yes? No? They said on the shelf tag $7.98, but they rang up $6.98. I bought 8 of those, which will do 10 OCI for under $60.00 with tax. What's not to like? I may even go get more later today.

I'm starting to like Utah-Bill's formula, do a four to five thousand mile OCI, call it a day. I'm no friend of Exxon/Mobil, but for a decent dino, $1.46/quart in this day and age who with a dwindling stash can resist? They're also selling Quaker State Dino for $7.98/5 Quarts, too, I bought one of those in 5W20 since they had a jug of 5W20, but it rang up $7.98. The rest was 10W30 for some reason. I see dino at AA for 2.68 on up to 3.50, I gotta love the WallyWorld pricing for those jugs, I tell ya!

the MC and Mobil Clean are some of the good oils at bargain basement prices. I would use either no problems

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
my car manual says semi-synthetic or synthetic for this engine
Motorcraft Is?

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
my car manual says semi-synthetic or synthetic for this engine
Motorcraft Is?

SM Motorcraft 5w20 is considered to be a semi-synthetic...I'll leave it up to others to decipher exactly what that terminology means. In a practical world, it means it will take good care of the needs of a 4.6 Modular for 5000 miles under non-severe operating conditions.

Motorcraft Synthetic Blend, if memory serves has been considered tip-top of the synthetic blends. Supposedly they can call it a blend if it's 26% syn? Someone jump in if I missed. I haven't run out to scope em out, but folks said UOA's were good. AND, it's a brand of FOMOCO, so why not use it? Especially for 2.25/quart in a five quart jug. You wouldn't even have to scroo around with leftovers. Five quarts, new Motorcraft filter, call it a day. The ultimate 15 minute OCI. Dealer/manufacturer-certified materials. And, those materials are top-shelf. Once every 5K on the Crown Vic, I ask again: what's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back