5w-20 Valvoline EP Ram 5.7 hemi

3,100 Miles on Valvoline extended protection. 90% of that was towing a travel trailer.

Had a weird high iron thing going on in the spring. I am now suspecting that was from letting the truck sit for extended periods of time during the winter (MN) and short tripping it when i did use it never really getting it up to operating temp, allowing condensation to build up and cause some rust. Well thats my guess.

30black.jpg

Yeah, This latest report is on the high Fe wear side. Copper which seems to be a normal trend going down though. What filter did you run?

I would say why didn't you just change the filter anyways, but after having one, that filter location suuuuucks. I couldn't get it to not be a mess even with the dang freezer bag...

I would say why didn't you just change the filter anyways, but after having one, that filter location suuuuucks. I couldn't get it to not be a mess even with the dang freezer bag...
I just wanted to dump do a quick and easy oil change while i was mid trip on the road. I have a valvomax drain plug on it so it was easy to just hook the tube and send the oil into some empty containers witout a mess. The oil i dumped only had 2500 miles on it I wasn't too worried about the filter yet.

Back