5W-20 5qt Syn Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new car this month so to decide my first oil change I scouted my local Walmart today (I also needed a gardenhose). They have quite a selection of 5W-20 synthetic 5qt jugs. The pricing structure is interesting and overall pretty good. Here are the numbers, please share yours if you have done the same recently.

Mobil SS = $19
QSUD = $19
Syntec = $21
PP = $23.50
M1 = $24.50
Synpower = $25
PU = $26.50
Edge $27.50
M1 EP = $28

I'm thinking QSUD as the Hyundai factory fill is Quaker State and everything I've read here is good.

I have not seen the new Mobil Super Synthetic at my Walmart yet, but $19 seems like it competes with the QSUD. I'd like to try some at that price.

Last edited:
Same prices here in NYC. The PP was SN the others SM that were in stock. The Wally I went to gave me the impression they really have no interest in selling oil. Every jug was in the wrong slot making you have to scan it yourself. I know it is hit or miss in some areas but I gotta be moved alot to put up with what crawls around those stores at times.
Originally Posted By: someguy
I got a new car this month so to decide my first oil change I scouted my local Walmart today (I also needed a gardenhose). They have quite a selection of 5W-20 synthetic 5qt jugs. The pricing structure is interesting and overall pretty good. Here are the numbers, please share yours if you have done the same recently.

Mobil SS = $19
QSUD = $19
Syntec = $21
PP = $23.50
M1 = $24.50
Synpower = $25
PU = $26.50
Edge $27.50
M1 EP = $28

I'm thinking QSUD as the Hyundai factory fill is Quaker State and everything I've read here is good.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Same prices here in NYC. The PP was SN the others SM that were in stock. The Wally I went to gave me the impression they really have no interest in selling oil.

Those prices and stock are from the WM near my house out in the burbs basically the last one before you are "in the country" The smaller city Walmart near my work has 75% less oil selection. I think I saw one Mobil, Sopus, and Castrol choice in regular and Syn and Supertech of course mostly in quarts.

Last edited:
That Mobil Super Synthetic at $19 is one heck of a deal! I'd grab that without even thinking!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
That Mobil Super Synthetic at $19 is one heck of a deal! I'd grab that without even thinking!

This is the first time I remember seeing it in my store. Its good to know that their overall stock is back up, in January the shelves were mostly empty.

Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
You guys have it so good with your cheap oil!

Those are sale prices up here, otherwise it is $35-40 per 5qt jug.

Since 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the U.S. border....I suggest that you come over and supply yourself with our cheap oil....enough to give you two or three years of oil changes.

In fact...if you come down a little further to Oregon...we have no sales tax.

I'd try mixing Mobil Super 5000 with Mobil Super Synthetic 60 / 40 for a inexpensive syn blend . If I'm going to use Mobil synthetic - then I'm going up to Mobil 1 products ...

QSUD is a Sopus product and from what I've read here the basestocks are the same as Pennzoil platinum but the add packs are different. Hopefully somebody can add some truth to this thread if I am wrong. The price is right and I can't find any reason not to use it for 5K OCI in a new Elantra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back