5 quarts?

I think many of these companies screw up how much they exactly put in their bottles. In my old job, I'd put 4 quart bottles of Total 0w-20 for Kia Niros into my measuring oil jug and it will always be below the 4 quarts line. Even if I let the bottles drip into the jug for awhile, it's below 4 quarts. I had 2 different types of measuring jugs too. Same result.

Return them back to Walmart if it’s not too much trouble: and I say that because maybe you can get the quart you’re missing (if the Walmart isn’t too far out of your way).

I find that returning things at Walmart/HomeDepot/Lowe’s is easy, you actually deal with a human...buying things on the other hand is something different. Especially at Home Depot - there’s only one person working the register, while there’s a line to the back of the store waiting for their self checkout aisles. I can’t stand it.

Return them back to Walmart if it’s not too much trouble: and I say that because maybe you can get the quart you’re missing (if the Walmart isn’t too far out of your way).

I find that returning things at Walmart/HomeDepot/Lowe’s is easy, you actually deal with a human...buying things on the other hand is something different. Especially at Home Depot - there’s only one person working the register, while there’s a line to the back of the store waiting for their self checkout aisles. I can’t stand it.
I would almost bet all I have that there is no qt missing! These are flimsy jugs and the marks are only for reference. The marks on the container are useless unless they are on a rigid container.

Definitely not worth going back up there to argue with an attitudinal clerk at the returns counter. I returned a jug of Mobil1 a few years ago because it had been legitimately tampered with, and they essentially accused me of trying to return used oil. If they had been paying attention the FIRST time that jug had been returned, they'd have seen the damage to the cap & foil. Not in the mood for a repeat.

I just hung onto them, & will use my measuring container when I get around to changing the oil in the Canyon. I'll pour it into the truck 1 quart at a time & see where they land.

It pays to inspect stuff before buying it, not after you get home.

You may not realize it but that's actually a very serious problem if the volume is actually inaccurate. I used to work for a company that sold some of their products by volume, and along with extremely precise volume measurements the containers were also subjected to optical and weight verifications. It's quite the penalty for an entity to misstate the quantity being sold and with multiple checks on our products it was nearly impossible for too little to be shipped.

I'd definitely contact the manufacturer.

You may not realize it but that's actually a very serious problem if the volume is actually inaccurate. I used to work for a company that sold some of their products by volume, and along with extremely precise volume measurements the containers were also subjected to optical and weight verifications. It's quite the penalty for an entity to misstate the quantity being sold and with multiple checks on our products it was nearly impossible for too little to be shipped.

I'd definitely contact the manufacturer.
I have a hard time to believe that every bottle is not weight checked as SOP. I would be doing one myself if I was in doubt of accuracy.

Maybe that particular oil has an extremely high NOACK and it evaporated while sitting there on the shelf looking pretty:D

Back