5.3 Yukon ... first oil change interval?

Since they hold 10 Quarts of oil don’t throw away you money. First one early and then every 5 thousand. These are GDI and won’t support a long oci. I use Supertech and Kirkland and the engine seems to love this oil. Oil report came back great.
The 5.3 oil capacity is 8 quarts. Sorry I meant to say I purchase 2 Kirkland 5 qt jugs because it is cheaper.

I’d change it early - GM engines ‘seem’ to shed more metal than others, and I’d want it out of the engine.

Went with a 2k interval for the first, and now at 7k I'm looking to maintain 5k OCI from here on out.

Kirkland (Costco) 0w-20 and a Napa Gold filter is the plan. Thanks for all the input!

Bought a ‘22 Sonata that has three years free maintenance. Changed oil and fillter at 1,500, 3500 and now 5K OCI. I’ve had more issues with Lube techs in the last two years than in my lifetime. The free oil changes aren’t worth the cost and headaches of leaking filters, stripped drain plugs and missing under carriage covers. The ‘labor shortage’ has impacted the quality of service.

Bought a ‘22 Sonata that has three years free maintenance. Changed oil and fillter at 1,500, 3500 and now 5K OCI. I’ve had more issues with Lube techs in the last two years than in my lifetime. The free oil changes aren’t worth the cost and headaches of leaking filters, stripped drain plugs and missing under carriage covers. The ‘labor shortage’ has impacted the quality of service.
My feeling DIY leaves no questions about who did what and no torquing drain plug down to over one hundred pounds plus!

New '22 5.3L Yukon XL owner. Got 2k miles on it, should I use my free oil change now or wait till 5-7k miles?

Pros of doing an early OCI on the first one?
I have a 16 Yukon. Unfortunately these have Direct Ignition. I hope GM updated the new one to port and DI dual system like Ford and Toyota. I started using Supertech full synthetic at about 50K everything seemed good. However now at just under 100K I had to fit the bill for new injectors. Probably just a bad design by GM and not an oil issue. However if I could go back I think I would have used a more premium cleaning oil like Penzoil ultimate platinum or M1 extended protection. Also I’m pretty mad that Walmart has really raised the price on Supertech Warren and now they seem to be switching over to QS. There is rebates from Penzoil and M1 that makes them even cheaper than ST. Stick to a 4000 oci you can check my used oil analysis here on the site. These engines start to fuel dilute the oil pretty fast. I’ve always changed oil at 5000 if I could go back I would have changed every 4000. Just my experience.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably run an analysis before 30k just to see how the break in is going.

How expensive is injector replacement?

Thanks for the info. I'll probably run an analysis before 30k just to see how the break in is going.

How expensive is injector replacement?
Yeah I had to pay $ 1000 for all 8. GM has had issues with my year and model so they extended warranty on these but just my luck only in 13 States. Of course New Mexico wasn’t included what a scam. Good luck they are great vehicles otherwise I’ve had 3. GM ruined its bulletproof 5.3 with tech that doesn’t last like DFM,AFM and Direct ignition. I always didn’t let fuel get low and used only Costco or top tier fuel.

Back