4500 psi compressor oil

Looking for a good oil for a Yong Heng high pressure air compressor. owners manual call’s for AW 46 oil is there a synthetic compressor oil alternative?
Thanks,
Steve

Here's an option for you for AW46. 6 gallons is $29.99 after the rebate!

If you don't need 6 gallons, there is a 2 gallon container but the Mystik is a better price per gallon...

I've linked Farm & Fleet items here but based on your location you will need to select your local farm store, TSC, Mill's etc... They should have options for you!

Just my $0.02

Thanks for the replies. I take it hydraulic and compressor oil is the same and there is no synthetic AW46? I know some guys use Royal Purple synthetic ISO 100 in their compressors but the manual says AW 46.

I was looking at the 457 texan the other day.
Yeah there sweet! I just have a Hatsan flash pup and an Avenger both in 25cal. I may get a Brocock sniper XR in 22cal if funds permit lol.

Looking for a good oil for a Yong Heng high pressure air compressor. owners manual call’s for AW 46 oil is there a synthetic compressor oil alternative?
Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

With higher pressure comes more heat of compression. Since it is a splash system changing ISO grades can effect sling so it’s best to stay close to the recommended ISO grade. For high temperature stability and keeping it clean an oil that contains Alkylated Naphthalene and Ester would be a good choice. It does not look like you are going to need much. We do make something like this. It happens to be a food grade. Out of the hundreds of oils we make this is my choice for our rotary screw compressors in our plant. It will work in your application. We do have it in quarts.

David

Back