4 Teslas at a stop light...

It sounds even more stupid to someone like myself who could be from one generation OR the other depending on which commonly-accepted endpoints you choose to believe. My birthday falls right on the border..... I don't know if I'm supposed to loathe myself - or not!
It was easier in the 60's It was just Dirty Hippies then everybody else.
You could tell by the haircut. :)

The Ev is like any other vehicle is best for a specific puropse and use. If all you hauled was 3 50 lb sacks of fertilizer you would not need a semi truck, you could use a semi truck but a pick up would by far be the best vehicle to use.

91 Octane gas up here in the Southern California mountains is back up to $5.69. I topped off when I was "down the hill" the other day at an Exxon station for $4.99.

Even in my small town of less than 4000 people I see several Teslas in the parking lots of the local grocery store or post office each time I'm out running errands. I think there are a half dozen charging stations in town to accommodate the visitors as it is a popular destination for tourists and people who rent AirBnB's.

It seems like a lot of the Tesla drivers I see around here are family types with a couple of kids and a dog and not well off boomers who can afford $60k cars.

*I am unlikely to ever sell the S600. It’s just such an incredible car. Smooth, fast, comfortable - it exceeds anything I’ve ever driven. So, there’s the road trip machine. We’ve talked about an electric for my wife, but she would rather save $$ and keep driving her nearly 300,000 mile Volvo.

Isn't that a beatiful thing? Being happy with the perfectly useable car you have. Being free from wants is real freedom imo, especially if you can buy what and when you need it.

Back