4 cyl Camry near 100K miles on original plugs. Time to change?

Runs great, 30 mpg, I'm happy but I have no clue of recommended interval. I s'pose I could google, or even take one out but if I can get a thread going. Should I just get whatever is in there or is there a better plug/ How much at Auto zone, Toyota dlr, etc? TIA

I have run plugs out to 150,000 miles a couple of times without problems. In other words, there is no hurry. I would buy whatever came in the car from a reputable source. Wait for a good price.

I'm currently over 140K miles on original spark plugs on the Yaris, looking to get them swapped early next year. No problems so far currently. runs like a champ.

We took our 2004 Camry to 209,000 on the original plugs before they began misfiring. We replaced them then with NGK Platinum and they are still going great with almost 300k on the car now. If you do replace get Denso or NGK since it’s a Toyota. Toyota plugs are Denso in a Toyota box for way more than Denso plugs.

How hard is it to look up the recommended plug change interval in your owner's manual?

If they are the NGK Laser Iridiums then 100k miles is probably just the right time to change them.

You shouldn't wait until a misfire to change them.

Take a look at this plug from my Durango with 106k miles on the plug. It needed to be changed.

full

The 4 cylinders Toyota are easy to change.
FWIW, I would not worry about it at around 100K miles.

Unfortunately, the stealership price on spark plugs is sometimes cheaper than AZ or OR or Napa.

I bought a set for my Lexus, it was cheaper than even RockAuto since it was free shipping from Park Place Lexus Plano.
I paid less than $12 each for Denso Laser Iridium OEM.

Back