300 miles so far on ARX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll keep updated as things happen. So far my car feels like it has more torque, and the mileage is up 1mpg. I'm happy with the results so far.

What is a "ring pack?" Ive heard that when ARX cleans them, the car may "feel" faster.

quote:

Originally posted by miked00:
What is a "ring pack?" Ive heard that when ARX cleans them, the car may "feel" faster.

This would be the oil & compression rings on the pistons. They keep the compression chamber and the crankcase seperate (limited gas in crankcase and hopefully no oil in the compression chamber)

300 miles is way to soon to be getting any real returns yet.

Mental horsepower.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by BlazerLT:
300 miles is way to soon to be getting any real returns yet.

Mental horsepower.
dunno.gif

I had a noticeable improvement in running on a GM 4.3L V6 with 100k miles after about the same amount of miles on ARx as miked00.

The engine went from running a bit lumpy like it had a weak cylinder or two to running smooth and strong. It had been running sub-par for couple of years and didn't respond to normal tuneups. After a few hundred miles on ARx it cleaned up and ran great.

I'm not an ARx fan boy, so that didn't color my interpretation of the results. I previously had used it on two other cars and noticed absolutely no difference and wasn't expecting much on the third one.

It's a bit of a mystery, my guess is that it cleaned up the ring pack so the rings were able to move better.

yes, well im a teenager with a lot of hormones and you know how we like cars (really fast!) so it could be mental horsepower/butt dyno.

the ticking noise, ive decided is either 1)a ticking lifter 2)fuel injector(s) or 3)sparkplug knock. maybe the noise will go away in the rinse phase, who knows. but as of right now im still happy with what is happening. now im almost 600 miles in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back