3 Blown Engines This year

Yeah, sounds like a string of bad luck....hoping it will be the last!

Neighbor had same same luck with their 17 Malibu 1.5 and their 16 Accord....

Both have been flawless since they were repaired though.......

Sorry to read this, I do have an idea as to how it feels.

I went through 3 engines in a year... but it was because Jasper remanufactured engines are junk.

Man that's bad luck.

Didn't the pentastar make noise prior to the failure? Did you have a thread on that or am I mixing them up?

at first I thought this was an ARCOgraphite post..
joking aside.

Seems more like 2 major failures one being defective engine(very small %) and the other being a known issue that while uncommon is not rare... so I'd say coincidence and move on.
neither would influence me, I would still buy a pentastar powered ram or jeep. and if interested I'd still buy a highlander.

Now that dealer who fixed the pentastar, imo charging a deductible AND a diag fee sounds absurd and only replacing the bad parts and not the whole head sounds like you might have repeat issues in future.

Man that's bad luck.

Didn't the pentastar make noise prior to the failure? Did you have a thread on that or am I mixing them up?

I did have a thread on it about a year ago it made odd noises after the engine and ignition was off. I don’t think they were related though.

I would not use Pennzoil for the perceivable future. 3 engine failures 2 with pentastar engine and a Toyota. Did the oil have anything to do with it we will never know and assume not but in this rare case it happened not to one but 3 engines. I see you were running around 10k so maybe you went to long. The Toyota if I remember correctly you changed early. This is just my opinion

I would not use Pennzoil for the perceivable future. 3 engine failures 2 with pentastar engine and a Toyota. Did the oil have anything to do with it we will never know and assume not but in this rare case it happened not to one but 3 engines. I see you were running around 10k so maybe you went to long. The Toyota if I remember correctly you changed early. This is just my opinion
He had one Pentastar failure and two with Toyota.

I work at Toyota and haven’t seen any major issues with the Highlander engines. To me that sounds like it was just bad already and that’s when it went fully. As for the others I’m not to familiar with but that sucks having that type of luck that sounds like me with wheel bearings I had to put both front inner and outer in my truck had to do two sets in my dads car and now have to do the front ones in my escape and that’s just this year alone.

Sorry to read this, I do have an idea as to how it feels.

I went through 3 engines in a year... but it was because Jasper remanufactured engines are junk.
Really? You have had bad luck with Jasper engines I have had nothing but good luck with those and heard nothing but good things about them.

Really? You have had bad luck with Jasper engines I have had nothing but good luck with those and heard nothing but good things about them.

Jasper quality is terrible. I have had nothing but issues with their remans, and not just engines. Stopped using them years ago.

I work at Toyota and haven’t seen any major issues with the Highlander engines. To me that sounds like it was just bad already and that’s when it went fully. As for the others I’m not to familiar with but that sucks having that type of luck that sounds like me with wheel bearings I had to put both front inner and outer in my truck had to do two sets in my dads car and now have to do the front ones in my escape and that’s just this year alone.

This was our FIRST Toyota owner’s experience.

EEF297B2-E9BC-45DC-9E29-8902D0E00B3F.png
EEF297B2-E9BC-45DC-9E29-8902D0E00B3F.png

Back