24 inch wheels

Bought a Ram with 20 inch wheels after having 18 inch on the 2 prior. I will be going back to 18 inch next time. The ride is much better with the 18 inch tires.

After going to 29's I can't imagine going back to 26's.

Oh wait, that's on my bicycle. Is the auto world catching up with bicycles now? I've seen some of those brodozers, sure looks like bike tires to me. Bet they aren't priced like 'em though. Sheesh.

Meanwhile my car still rocks 14's...

Went to get new tires for the back of the prius (15") and the guys says they don't stop such small sizes; I was like whuuuuuh?

I guess i won't point out the irony of someone from TX complaining about the size of something since it is so often a source of bragging rights. (j/k)

Went to get new tires for the back of the prius (15") and the guys says they don't stop such small sizes; I was like whuuuuuh?
Yeah, I'm starting to worry about finding 14's in the future. The nature of the beast I guess. I do have 16's that I know will fit, rocked those last winter, but then that leaves my CRV with 15's, *sigh*.

Interesting to note that the most common rim diameter on a passenger bus is 22.5 inches.

1685319471278.jpg

give me some 15 inch rims any day, they were common on trucks in the 90s and early 2000s

A fashion fad that won't know when to stop until it becomes ridiculous, if it isn't already. I wouldn't mind but the trend filters down to all cars ruining the ride and efficiency. That EV's which should be aiming for maximum efficiency are also being compromised by this fashion fad is making a bad joke out of the whole net zero nonsense.

Wheel diameter can also make a big difference. Using coast-down resistance data Tesla submits to the EPA for efficiency testing, Fenske calculated that the range of a Model 3 Performance driven at a consist 75 mph was about 40 miles less with 20-inch wheels than with 18-inch wheels. Smaller—bit still significant—differences were shown for the Model S Performance and Model X Performance as well.

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...d-wheel-choice-affects-electric-vehicle-range

GM is joining the party.

From the OP's linked article:
...Adding a larger wheel option to the Expedition makes sense given the fact that for the 2024 model year, General Motors will also offer 24-inch wheels on its refreshed full-size SUV lineup – including the Chevy Tahoe and Suburban, GMC Yukon, and Cadillac Escalade – as well as the forthcoming Silverado EV...

Back