23 year old 2-stroke oil?

So I found 4-5 new unopened qts of Chevron 2 stroke hidden on the back of a shelf at work. The bottles are marked 12/99 and have been stored inside a heated and air conditioned room. They're free if I want them. The oil looks uniform and is free from clumps. Any thoughts about using this oil in leaf blowers ( 4-mix and a 2-stroke)? I just finished a 10+ year old bottle of Shell 2-stroke, so old doesn't scare me, but these are really old!

IMG_3483.jpgIMG_3484.jpg

Thats nothing i'm using some texaco from 1978 that my father had bought by the case. not even rated as tcw.

chainsaw, weedeater, and leaf blower run like a charm mixed at 40:1

As long as it looks OK I'd use it. There's a quart of Pennzoil 2 stroke oil sitting on one of the shelves in my garage from when it was packaged in a cardboard can. I never use 2 stroke oil anymore but if the need ever arises I'll see if it still looks good.

That is TCW3 outboard (water cooled) 2-cycle oil. Personally, I would not use or recommend using it in any air cooled 2-cycle or 4-mix engine, especially now with the prevalence of E10 gas.

It does say suitable for use in air cooled engines right in the bottle: air cooled snowmobiles, chainsaws, and yard equipment.

As @damas said, if you are going to use this in older, low grade two stroke equipment, shake the heck out of it and use it. It's not that old, but that's an old specification, I certainly wouldn't use this in a modern piece of high end equipment.
My first thought for this is to add it to your cars/trucks at 560+/one and burn it up.
Additional thought... if you have an older outboard, go nuts.

JASO FB is not an obsolete spec. The main difference with FB and FC or FD is the higher levels require less smoke and reduced carbon buildup in the exhaust. FD has more stringent detergent requirements. The lubricity requirements are the same between the three.

JASO FB is not an obsolete spec. The main difference with FB and FC or FD is the higher levels require less smoke and reduced carbon buildup in the exhaust. FD has more stringent detergent requirements. The lubricity requirements are the same between the three.
This is great to know @ripcord if true. Not questioning you.
Twenty year old Chevron oil doesn't sound scary at all for many applications, but in the end, I'd still burn it up in something that isn't too particular before I put it into a new Stihl Pro saw.
. Good full syn FD oil just isn't that expensive. (And I'm pretty frugal. )

This is great to know @ripcord if true. Not questioning you.
Twenty year old Chevron oil doesn't sound scary at all for many applications, but in the end, I'd still burn it up in something that isn't too particular before I put it into a new Stihl Pro saw.
. Good full syn FD oil just isn't that expensive. (And I'm pretty frugal. )
Totally get that... my commercial cutoff saws get the good stuff. My Mac 10-10 and old Homelite's run best at 20:1 with whatever oil is handy.

I've been using my dads 20 year old havoline 2 stroke oil in my stihl leaf blower I got new, along with everything else.

Back