208,000mi valve cover shot

2008 Pontiac G5 2.2 Ecotec I changed the valve cover gasket today since it has been weeping for quite some time now (years). This vehicle sits around a lot now since it's a second vehicle. This is the first time the valve cover has been off the vehicle. I've used various brands of synthetic oil it's whole life, did a few changes with valvoline nextgen conventional years ago. OEM and Fram Extra Guard and Fram Ultra oil filters. I typically change the oil at 5,000 miles or thereabouts. Still on the original timing chain and it's quiet as a mouse and no startup rattle. Enjoy!

9390DC92-ED4F-476C-A726-28E666D245A6.jpeg

If you had only used MMO with each oil change it would have been cleaner than when the engine was manufactured. Shine like a freshly polished silver spoon. But this looks pretty darn good.

Maybe two pics left & right, would have gotten us a better look at the nooks & crannies. I know - I know. Always a complainer in the BITOG group. Hey, my number was up and it was my turn to complain......lol I hope my Hyundai 2.4 GDI engine looks this good when the rod bearings blow next decade.