2026 Chevy El Camino

Any inference that this is a sanctioned GM undertaking is based wholly on the individual's imagination

And for some strange and very odd reason GM has not marched these people in to court to collected damages and force them to stop making these really cool kars. Weird!

Too bad Elon didn’t see this thing before he drew his truck!

Any design would be better than that smuggly monstrosity Tesla "truck"

Some of the EV cars look kinda good as far as body design goes.

I keep waiting for one of those TV shows where they build custom cars to take a cool looking EV car and rip that electric garbage out and build a custom from with a 1000 HP supercharged LS engine.
It's always good to increase one's carbon foot print ya know!
excellent.gif

And for some strange and very odd reason GM has not marched these people in to court to collected damages and force them to stop making these really cool kars. Weird!
I assume they obtained permission from GM to use the names. Current offering doesn't use the Chevelle name, so that wouldn't be necessary.

GM innovation dept has always been lacking. They have never really had much to compete with Ford and Dodge as far as "special" vehicles"

Bringing back the Chevelle, or the TransAm, would likely be a punch in the nuts as what they would bring would pale in comparison to what could have been in the early 2000's.

Like this silly abomination
View attachment 217073as opposed to this legend.
View attachment 217074
What are you talking about ? Try to follow a ZR2 off-road & send pictures - and the first rear engine Vette …
All large SUV are all IFS/IRS - you post an antique stiff axle and all that’s left is Jeep doing that for a reason - way different markets …
Liked this one myself

IMG_1024.jpeg

Last edited:
Try to follow a ZR2 off-road & send pictures - and the first rear engine Vette …
I could in my 91 YJ.

I would argue that the mid engine vette is and was a flop, and not a real vette.

I assume they obtained permission from GM to use the names. Current offering doesn't use the Chevelle name, so that wouldn't be necessary.
and the GTO "Inspired" model was "6T9" because with the right Font...which they used... it Looks a bit like GTO..
from : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Firebird#Post–Pontiac_Trans_Am

Post–Pontiac Trans Am​

In 2012, General Motors signed a licensing deal with Trans Am Depot to use the Trans Am name and Pontiac logos in custom coach built versions of new Trans Am. Under this agreement, Trans Am Depot takes brand-new model Chevrolet Camaros, strips them down to their basic components and rebuilds what looks like a new Trans Am. They make these in the designs of the 6T9 version Trans Am, 6T9 Goat ("GTO"), 7T7 Trans Am and the limited-edition Hurst Trans Am.

Back